Rich at part throttle.

FP gauge is brand new and jives with a gauge hooked directly to the fuel rail. I will purchase another FPR and continue to work on this Problem(s). I'll get the BLM #'s tonight after adjusting to '2' on the MAF BASE. Thanks for hanging in there with me, guys.

nopers...gunna have to buy another acufab...that's okay, though. I like to throw away money for no particular reason. :D

Reporting back. I purchased an Accufab rebuild kit from the company. It's $25. I haven't received it yet, so I'll have to wait to find out if the spring or a pinhole was the cause of the f'd up FP problem. It's still showing 38.5 (line on) and 42 (line off). As for the MAF BASE setting. I moved this switch from 0 to 2 and noted my blm's are 127 at idle and cruise. That looks okay. Of course, all of this is going to change around a little once I get the FP problem figured out and get the fuel pressure set to what it should.

At WOT I'm looking great. 1* knock retard and 773 on O2 readings isn't too shabby.

Thanks for the help. I'm continuing to work on the problem, and will report back with questions as I go.

Sounds like you pulled 10% at idle with that Maft setting which is due to your fuel pressure reg not dropping the pressure more at idle. It seems to move down 1psi for every 2 inches of vacuum, so you should see a 7psi difference when the hose is connected.

IAC is a touch high but that could be something you can tweak on the Throttle Body itself.

Do you have a lock up torque converter or not? This will help with gas mileage.
When in 4th gear and you get up to 50mph, does the car feel like it shifted into 5th gear ( though there isn't one )??

As for my post just above, I was wrong...INT was 128 and BL was 115-117. Sorry.

I got the accufab fpr rebuild kit installed and it did not change my readings. If I adjusted line off to 43, line on was 40. If I adjusted line off to 39 then line on was 36. It looks like they both go up or down together, and I'm only getting 3psi separation between them. :confused:

Maybe with only 14 in of vacuum (low vaccum due to cam size?) this spread is somewhat reduced... most are probably considering cars that pull more vacuum (as with stock or smallish cams) ...... just throwing that out there.

And I agree with you. 14 inches of vacuum is low compaired to stock, but not unusual for a relatively large cam. I've got to figure out some sort of a happy medium, however. The car runs tits at WOT, but is pig rich at idle, part throttle.

Oh, and I just lost my tranny today. I've got second and reverse only. :tongue:

After re-readinng the thread..... It appears you have come full circle... pig rich to now lean.... but the ECM thinks it is rich.... and still pulling some fuel out.

since it appears more lean.... has the fuel mileage increased alot?

No, it's still running rich at idle/part throttle. The plugs look black, and you can smell the fuel. Changing the MAF Base setting from 0 to 2 didn't do anything. MAF Base is still sitting at 2, I rebuilt the FPR and nothing changed. The BL readings really didn't change at all, and are still reading 115-117 cruising/park. The FPR rebuild did nothing as well. As far as I can see, I'm still sitting at square one. Did I miss anything? Don't give up on me now, guys.

I re-read again.... maybe a faulty calibration on the MAF....I know you can compensate some with the translator... but it is easy to swap one and try it. I bought a brand new LS1 MAF meter from Mike at FT Speed.... for $75. As many LS1 cars are around... maybe borrow a buddies?

No, it's still running rich at idle/part throttle. The plugs look black, and you can smell the fuel. Changing the MAF Base setting from 0 to 2 didn't do anything. MAF Base is still sitting at 2, I rebuilt the FPR and nothing changed. The BL readings really didn't change at all, and are still reading 115-117 cruising/park. The FPR rebuild did nothing as well. As far as I can see, I'm still sitting at square one. Did I miss anything? Don't give up on me now, guys.

Any variance in your plugs, from cyl to cyl? I had a problem last season that was similar, had a pushrod issue that was hanging open a valve (compression 0 on that cyl). That cyl was very rich (weak combustion, plug was black), blms were low at idle and cruise, but at WOT it would clear up pretty well. This was all due to my still running the stock rockers (hard to set lash), something that I will remedy first thing this season.

I still am chasing a low blm cruise issue, your post has given me a few more ideas to look at.

Please keep it going until you get it resolved. I am very interested in the outcome.

Tom.

did you get anything figured out? im chasing the same exact problem.ive changed my maf,coolant temp sensor,chip and ecm.now this weekend im going to double check to make sure the cam sensor isnt 180 out.after that im lost.i hope you got it figured out so maybe mine is the same problem:rolleyes:

No codes at all uh? I had a similar problem blm's doing the same, smelled rich etc. I had let my car sit on and off for 5 years. Was having KR issues though, have the pro cleaning kit that you hook directly to the fuel rail, ran a few cans of that through.. no help. Replaced O2, mass air, regulator, checked plugs a few times and replaced, put some race gas in it that helped the KR a little. Ultimatly the car thru a code #45 I belive. Decided to remove the 009's to have them cleaned. Sent them to Chuck Leeper, he calls back and asked if the set of injectors were in a running car!!! Decided to upgrade to the 60# and for the first time in years my car is running right! The condition worstened before it spit out the code so not sure it was all just the injectors.

Nope, still have the same problem. I blew the tranny and had to hold off for a while... I just got a Brian Hofer tranny delivered today of all things, and will start working on this very same problem next week. Lets see if we can get these things tuned up, huh? Thanks for posting up.

Sent them to Chuck Leeper, he calls back and asked if the set of injectors were in a running car!!!

:biggrin: Wonder if he got his tranny back up, I seem to be having issues with my translator...again, swap on the stock and perfect..errrrr