Ricer thought he was doing so well....

kgouldsk

Kevin GNCrazy
I'd just been out with the BC GNRA club at a club race day, Mission Raceway in British Columbia. I had a terrible day, shift linkage problems, blew off a vacuum line, and had a leaking header.

A few of us decided to stop in Langley for some food and a beer before heading home. When we were done eating, I started heading up the big hill on 200th to get to #1 headed back into Vancouver. I stopped at a light and a ricer in the lane next to me rolled out of the lights alongside when it turned, then started gradually leaning on it. I gave it just enough to keep pace, and he kept upping the ante - I looked over and he seemed pretty pleased with his progress.

I glanced in the mirror looking for any police action, and happen to catch one of my buddies who was at dinner with me about quarter block back, and he had just barked on it hard and was coming on full steam. I jumped the throttle all the way, and the speed worked out just perfect that my boost came up as my friend pulled alongside, and we both tore off with him a couple lengths in the lead. The ricer? In the dust. I think he may have revised his level of satisfaction as to his competitiveness.

haha

i love racing like that, but its rare for me to find a good open road where i can pace them and then let them have it. usually i only have a block to make my point, so that limits the fun.