Reynolds Race 2009

Suggestion, why cant the Reynolds event be 3 days like in the past. Sure was nice..

It used to be Fri-Sun but there was practically nobody there on Sunday's.

With the event being in November, it's hard to run at night if you don't have a lot of cars going down the track. The track temp falls off quick and your wasting your time trying to make passes on a cold track. I enjoy seeing all the local cars there on Friday night but there usually isn't enough people running to keep the track decent on Saturday nights.

It used to be Fri-Sun but there was practically nobody there on Sunday's.

With the event being in November, it's hard to run at night if you don't have a lot of cars going down the track. The track temp falls off quick and your wasting your time trying to make passes on a cold track. I enjoy seeing all the local cars there on Friday night but there usually isn't enough people running to keep the track decent on Saturday nights.

I see your point....on the real fast cars....... but what about us slow cars :biggrin: .... like 10's and 11's?

I see your point....on the real fast cars....... but what about us slow cars :biggrin: .... like 10's and 11's?

:D I'd think even a 10 second car would have trouble on a 50 degree track with dew falling. It really depends on how many cars are running.

let's keep our FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!:D :D :D

If Cal and Holly are working on it YOU CAN BET IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!:D :D :D

thanks JD

It was Fri-Sat-Sun. That would mean 2 nights of you working the grill. :D

I'm OK with that! :biggrin:

I'll have to invest in a cattle trailer and some heavy duty cooking equipment, but I think we can manage!! :cool:

Jim, sorry you couldn't make it hunting this year, but I'm not letting you guys get away without taking me fishing this year!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Reynolds must happen or does everyone "up north" think that all the southern guys should boot the expense for traveling around the country to attend events?

Last time I looked Valdosta was calling the shots for the Reynolds event. I think they fought for the Confederacy!!!

Some of us Yankees used to make the trip every year. Last years schedule made it impossible to attend. I'll make the 14 hour pull.

Lamont Cranston has something up his sleeve. Sit tight.

I hope this year we make it there on Thursday evening... early..... last time we left MS at 8PM Thursday evening....got set up around 6:15 AM (Friday)local time... then got up around 10:00 and raced all day..... then on Saturday... they shut the track down at like 4:00.... and we loaded up and drove back to MS on Saturday night... got home around 2AM Sunday morning. That made for a long weekend.

I am not wanting to be that rushed this year... get there at a decent time Thursday and drive back Sunday morning.

I hope we can have even more come this year..... the atmosphere is unlike any other venue. Camping out at the track is just too cool!

The chances of witnessing a record setting pass in the class racing is probably more likely there than at any other event IMHO....

I hope this year we make it there on Thursday evening... early..... last time we left MS at 8PM Thursday evening....got set up around 6:15 AM (Friday)local time... then got up around 10:00 and raced all day..... then on Saturday... they shut the track down at like 4:00.... and we loaded up and drove back to MS on Saturday night... got home around 2AM Sunday morning. That made for a long weekend.

I am not wanting to be that rushed this year... get there at a decent time Thursday and drive back Sunday morning.

I hope we can have even more come this year..... the atmosphere is unlike any other venue. Camping out at the track is just too cool!

The chances of witnessing a record setting pass in the class racing is probably more likely there than at any other event IMHO....

I know it sounds crazy, but I like to leave a day ahead of everybody just so I don't get sidetracked.

What's up Jason i see u been very busy woking on Pontiac turbo let me know how it turns out, saw Dusty yesterday at phat Tues. in Hattiesburg had a real nice set of heads for sale.

Reynolds

let's keep our FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!:D :D :D

If Cal and Holly are working on it YOU CAN BET IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!:D :D :D

thanks JD

Everyone just hang tight, there is something big in the works that will be coming out soon. I PROMISE that you will like AND it will be different than what most people have seen in the Buick community. Details to come.... :biggrin:

Everyone just hang tight, there is something big in the works that will be coming out soon. I PROMISE that you will like AND it will be different than what most people have seen in the Buick community. Details to come.... :biggrin:

:tongue: :tongue: