Replacing light sockets to fit Led lights.

UmadBro

Alright, I looked into this quite a bit now and I cannot get a straight answer.

Can I remove the light socket from.. just say the ash tray light... and re-wire a different light socket into it? I bought a bunch of l.e.d. bulbs and I didn't know that they used different bulbs under the dash.

Attached is a photo of the two other types of bulbs I encountered

and random, but can all this info be found in a chilton/haynes book? (like for example, which bulbs and sockets my car is using, and where ** I kept getting different answers from every source online**)
I've really wanted to get one but no one around my town sells them for my car.

Attachments

• IMG_20120428_143129.jpg
    IMG_20120428_143129.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 94
It's not loading for me. What is it?

I already bought like a 10 pack of led bulbs if that's what they are

Why would you not just purchase the correct bulbs for the sockets you have? Replacing a wiring harness after a hack job is not cheap.

Bryan

Yeah.... i would just by LEDs that fit rather then replacing sockets......i think that would be cheaper also.... and YES they do make them...

aaron

Well now that I got the everything out, I see what you mean. All my interior lights, including all the lights in the gauge cluster were 168 194 except for the light under the dash on the passenger side. It was quite a bitch to do.. I ended up taking most of the dash off before I knew what I was doing, then when I got all the lights in and everything back together most of the leds didn't work. Also for some reason my low fuel light stayed on when I had a full tank and I didn't even change that ulb.

So taking it apart the second time was way easier. I just took off the clear part and then went and took off the black metal with speedo and gas gauge on it. From there you can see all the lights and which ones are off to switch them.

I must say leds make a huge difference in the gauges. and fyi I did 4 blue leds, one in each corner, then 2 white in the top and bottom mid. and they are the 5 led 194 so they light the area up pretty decently. low fuel light is still on for no reason though..

and my speedo has always done this, but how do I fix it to not wobble when im going any speed below 35??

I would try lubricating the speedometer cable to see if that helps the wobble. There is a connection near the master cylinder that you can try do it at first.

David

hmm, still doing it.. it sounds like its like metal on metal, or as if the cable is spinning inside the speedo and not connecting...err spinning the speedo half.

Also, you guys know of any deptartment stores..local... non on-line places that sell leds and/or led bulbs? I just need one1056 bulb and i dont really want to buy that online.