Reed cam Id

redsled579

doing a stockish rebuild and trying to ID the cam that was in the car when I bought It. It says on the back L4142 Reed. Few of the lobes are wiped and looking to get the same or similar, not looking to set the world on fire just getting all bugs worked out of the car. Thanks in advance

Since you've seen the damaged caused by a wiped cam, why not step up to a roller and avoid a repeat?

possible, just looking to see what the specs were on it. I liked the way the car ran, want to get something similar

Since you've seen the damaged caused by a wiped cam, why not step up to a roller and avoid a repeat?
not trying to high jack this thread, earl was just wondering is the roller swap doable without the roller rocker set up just standard rocker arms rocker shafts with correct pushrod length or is the spring pressure to much I guy and get into some serious money trying to it all

No problem , Running the long travel morel lifters with a Weber cam , stock rockers, TA shafts with stud supports !!!

not trying to high jack this thread, earl was just wondering is the roller swap doable without the roller rocker set up just standard rocker arms rocker shafts with correct pushrod length or is the spring pressure to much I guy and get into some serious money trying to it all

It'll work just fine. I'm running a 215/220 roller with stock rockers. I do have a set of my shaft saddles on them though (and shorter pushrods of course)

IM002322.jpg