Redoing Factory Gravel Guard

MRP78

Is there any way to redo the factory gravel guard that is below the lower body line on the backs of the fenders and along the doors on these cars? How did the factory do it? What product did they use?

MRP78 said:
Is there any way to redo the factory gravel guard that is below the lower body line on the backs of the fenders and along the doors on these cars? How did the factory do it? What product did they use?

Unless you are wanting a period correct look on your car or only painting one or two panels I would understand spraying the chip guard, but if not, I would suggest using http://www.clearmask.com/3M-films.php

I have used this material on two of my vehicles front ends, like hoods, headlights, bumpers and it keeps the paint looking new for the life of the car. It can withstand very tough gravel and sand from chipping away at your paint and very few people can't even notice it is there.

Something I will be doing when I get a completely new paint job.

I would put the factory chip guard back on. They did not do finish body work in those areas because they were gonna cover it, so those areas are pretty rough.
It'll take two cans.

001.JPG