Red 20/50 oil

I respectfully disagree. Fuel dilution ...which is a blow by contaminant from our modded turbo engines is a issue and the byproducts associated with it is (acids, contribution to foaming, etc etc). With that said im talking most of the turbo Buick guys are running higher boost etc and IMO the oil should be changed more often.
LC2 is a expensive bastrd to rebuild and maintain with that said teh oil should be changed more frequently.
In the big picture unless your sending your oil to a lab you don't know what your oils shape is in at whatever miles.

And I do. Send my oil out for analysis. Just did it 3 weeks ago. Have been doing it for about 9 years now. And I know you should change your oil more often, but like I said, every 1500 miles or so like some people do here is just unnecessary. It accomplishes zero.
Got another point for ya. In engine lab I tore down a 5.3 liter engine out of a GMC work van for total measurement. This engine had 200,000 miles on the clock. When all was said and done, I mic'ed every surface on the engine, with the factory specs in my hand. Pretty much ZERO wear on this engine. Walls, cam surfaces, mains, caps, nothing. This engine was pretty much, for all intents and purpose, brand freakin' new. It was abused too. When stuff inside your engine goes tits up, trust me, it's not for waiting too long to change your oil, (I'm saying like putting a thousand miles past your normal change interval) it's usually because something went wrong-stuff in the pickup screen, oil pump did something silly, you used a fram filter, running 2 quarts low for too long, improper clearances, improper torque on the bolts, design defect, runnin' too hot for too long etc etc. It's never because of the oil or waiting a tad too long between oil changes.

And I do. Send my oil out for analysis. Just did it 3 weeks ago. Have been doing it for about 9 years now. And I know you should change your oil more often, but like I said, every 1500 miles or so like some people do here is just unnecessary. It accomplishes zero.
Got another point for ya. In engine lab I tore down a 5.3 liter engine out of a GMC work van for total measurement. This engine had 200,000 miles on the clock. When all was said and done, I mic'ed every surface on the engine, with the factory specs in my hand. Pretty much ZERO wear on this engine. Walls, cam surfaces, mains, caps, nothing. This engine was pretty much, for all intents and purpose, brand freakin' new. It was abused too. When stuff inside your engine goes tits up, trust me, it's not for waiting too long to change your oil, (I'm saying like putting a thousand miles past your normal change interval) it's usually because something went wrong-stuff in the pickup screen, oil pump did something silly, you used a fram filter, running 2 quarts low for too long, improper clearances, improper torque on the bolts, design defect, runnin' too hot for too long etc etc. It's never because of the oil or waiting a tad too long between oil changes.
We are seeing a lot of issues in current production engines with VVT due to extended oil change intervals..actuators....solnoids gummed up sticking setting dtcs....gm of course.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

He's talking about doing oil changes per the vehicle oil life monitoring systems. I've personally seen these go as far as 10k miles before the monitor reaches 0 pct. oil life remaining.

It's about manufacturers selling "low cost of ownership" (cost of maintenance) and not only responsible for tailpipe emissions but the amount of waste fluids that a vehicle will go through during its lifetime.

He's talking about doing oil changes per the vehicle oil life monitoring systems. I've personally seen these go as far as 10k miles before the monitor reaches 0 pct. oil life remaining.

Exactly.