Recommendations for a crank-kit and flywheel?

Aj cheats on his shipping so I doubt you need to worry about it Freddie. Lucky bum.

I you want a mini starter I've seen the PMG style on evilbay for as little as $60 shipped and new so if you need a link I can post it for you.

I dont cheat!

I just make you and everyone else who pays taxes pay for it.

A.j.

Actually I am at the mercy of Charlie. His projects and job schedule are like Medusa's snake infested head. :cool:

you havent seen anything until you have spent a day in my shop.... wanna talk about biting off more than one can chew???...... been at building like 6 cars at the same time for almost 10 years now. its a totally retarded way of working. I hate it.... but my poor mental stability has me doing it anyways... and the pills they gave me to help not do that just made me too sleepy to work.... sigh.... it plain sucks.

A.j.

Actually I am at the mercy of Charlie. His projects and job schedule are like Medusa's snake infested head. :cool:

You have no idea Freddie.:mad: I was supposed to close tomorow night and now I'm opening. I'll see about taking the crank out this weekend or you can go ahead and take Aj up on his offer. I've worked 4 Sundays in a row and the Buick is my main focus right now. Got a little more done on it today and did a partial AC job. Gotta get a condensor core for the truck and then I've got her done.:biggrin: One more done.:smile:

..... I'll see about taking the crank out this weekend .....

I just started my last vacation this Friday. I've got about a week of just melangering around, drinking beer and contemplating suicide, (just kidding).

Sure'd be nice if I could get my hands on that crank and get to work....:frown:

I'll do my best to get it out this weekend for you Freddie. You can see what time I had to get up to go to work today. I've been doing mostly closes and now I get to open 3 days in a row. This job sucks but it's what I've got right now so I don't have a choice. I'm a little grumpy this morning. can you tell?

This has been one messed up weekend. I didn't get a blasted thing done because of work. I'm closing tonight and opening tomorow and have to finish an AC job when I get off at 9 tonight. I will get the crank out as soon as I can for you Freddie.

This has been one messed up weekend. I didn't get a blasted thing done because of work.....

Work, (nasty four letter word), always comes first. :( I understand...

flex plate should make it out today... had to clean it... was gross.....A.j.

You're too much. As a freebee I would of had no quarrel in cleaning it myself. Nonetheless, it is a noble deed. That's what seperates this forum from most others....I'll be looking out. :biggrin:

Work, (nasty four letter word), always comes first. :( I understand...

You're too much. As a freebee I would of had no quarrel in cleaning it myself. Nonetheless, it is a noble deed. That's what seperates this forum from most others....I'll be looking out. :biggrin:

well it was tooo greasy and nasty for me too wanna handle enough to get it in the box! lol so yea it had to be cleaned!

A.j.

Thanks Freddie. I still have an AC system to finish tomorow night because of the high side cut out switch is bad. It never ends it seems.:mad:

I'll get to it Thursday Freddie. A friend of mine has the engine in his shop and he's on vacation all week. He's staying home to get some work done around the house and I'll talk to him tomorrow about it.

Got crank? :(

Any questions Freddie?:biggrin: It's been a frustraiting week to say the least. Got the crank out and it's a .010/.010 for sure. Rolled fillets on the mains but not on the rods. I don't think you want the bearings though. Their ACL and the front one has been polished from turning the crank in the block and the others all have a shiny line on them. They may be ok but I'll leave it up to you.:)

Attachments

• DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN0009.JPG
    DSCN0009.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 101
As long as the bearings are not gouged or scratched they should be ok. It's expected for 'em to shine a little from rollin', (gives an indication of high and low spots on the crank journal surface).

I'm good with that. e-mail me your PP link when you are ready to send it...;)

I'll try and get it packed up for you this weekend Freddie. PP is same as my email and I know you have it.