Rear Seat Brace Pic

Even the 4 lower bolts?

I used a long handle boxed end wrench, put a shop paper towel over it then inserted the nut in the wrench to hold it. Then from the wheel well inserted the wrench between the frame and body while a helper started the bolt from inside the car.

More thoughts:

The key is to not only do the rear seat braces either version works great.....but also the missing body bushings its either 4 or 6 drop in the #5 known as the GNX ones, front frame braces an connecting brace as well. This is assuming your body bushings are all still in good shape. With that said, the ride quality is vastly improved and the car will be like new again. Very tight.

As for finding a suitable Bonneville in a junk yard, depending on where you live finding any car in the mid 1980s is getting tough and while it would be a bargain price wise not sure if its worth the effort to cut it out of the trunk.

No matter what direction you take we carry all the parts needed even the special grade 8 body bolts.

Remember 25 years has in most cases crushed your existing body bushings. Good shocks such as Bilsteins is another nice upgrade.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I used a long handle boxed end wrench, put a shop paper towel over it then inserted the nut in the wrench to hold it. Then from the wheel well inserted the wrench between the frame and body while a helper started the bolt from inside the car.
I did the same thing except I put silicone on the flat washer, and then place a nut on top of the flat washer ans let it set until the next day. Then I used a long open-end boxed wrench. As Kirban mention, most important is to install the #5 bushing as this would help out a lot.

Attachments

• Kenne Bell Rubber Mount Location.pdf
    410.4 KB · Views: 63