Rear Seat Brace Pic

ROTTWEILER

Would one of you guys post a pic of your rear seat bracing? I had the back seat out and noticed the seams have split and seperated the caulk. Also do you think it helped from getting worse if you had the same thing occur as myself? Thanks Just trying to keep it together.

Would one of you guys post a pic of your rear seat bracing? I had the back seat out and noticed the seams have split and seperated the caulk. Also do you think it helped from getting worse if you had the same thing occur as myself? Thanks Just trying to keep it together.
Here is a picture of mine, one of the First things I added to my car.
87 Regal 004.JPG

Look at Kirban's site for brace pics. The cross tie helps with twist, but other areas need to be attended to:
body mounts, suspension upgrades etc......................

Many years ago, Kenne Bell had many catalogs of our TR, and one of the item was a heavy metal gauge being used for back seat brace.
The kit also came with extra body mount bushings for the missing #5 mount that was only installed in the GNX.
Other members will chime in on having this type of brace, and its welded not bolt on
(to each its own, since I don't have a welding machine)

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 627
  • 87 GN 078.jpg
    87 GN 078.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 653
  • Kenne Belle Rubber Mount Location.pdf
    410.4 KB · Views: 176
Many years ago, Kenne Bell had many catalogs of our TR, and one of the item was a heavy metal gauge being used for back seat brace.
The kit also came with extra body mount bushings for the missing #5 mount that was only installed in the GNX.
Other members will chime in on having this type of brace, and its welded not bolt on
(to each its own, since I don't have a welding machine)
I have that K-B brace in my car since 1987 and I'M very pleased with it. I've been racing the car for all these years with no cracks in the body anywhere…but it's NOT welded, just bolted on.

Claude.

The criss-cross bars are not worth the effort. Buy the GNX seat brace and weld it in. Honestly, when I tear my car down for paint...I'm welding in a complete piece of sheet metal, so it blocks off the trunk. It will be very strong, and I need a firewall because my new ALKY tank will be in the trunk.

We sell both styles of rear seat brace kits one pictured by tinman and also the 4 bar version which has sold over 1,000 of. Either one will make a huge difference.
Also worth installing what is called the GNX bushing #5 position by installing that bushing you can see how far off center your frame is from the body. I don't think GM managed to get any on the frame straight.

Lots of methods to stiffen the car up just depends how deep in your wallet you want to go.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I wold not do the x braces...the center upper point of the body fatigues and cracks over time.

Are both the GNX type braces sold by Kirbans and Gbody the same one?

If not, what are the difference between the two? I need to add this and have been debating on which one to purchase.

For those who may not be aware pontiac bonneville's had the same rear seat brace as the GNX's from the factory if your willing to drill out the spot welds. I've seen a few in the yards I visit and have been thinking about attempting the removal of one.