Rear Axle Housing Ends

78monte454

i am thinking of upgrading the 8.5" rear end and was wondering what you guys are running for part numbers for converting the stock housing ends to the ford ends with the ford bearings. instead of running the leak prone c-clip eliminators and not being able to convert to LS1 rear discs.

i know moser makes the ends, but which ones and what bearings do i need, what are the parts needed to convert to ford ends. this is all for a factory gn 8.5 rear

anyone??

Im sure some one has, but with all the fab work involved of having the axle tubes cut and rewelded, the cost of axles and bearing.....I would put in a 9 inch thats all ready set up for a G body. just my 2 cents. Lots of 10-9 sec cars on 8.5 with upgraded axles and no other mods

well im leaning more towards the ford ends, since i already have a set of camaro LS1 rear disc brakes ready to go on and if i do c-clip eliminators they wont allow me to run those disc brakes which the housing ends would do.

just to clarify i already have a 8.5" gn rear in the monte carlo,

I would've done it that way too if I had known about it. It's the best way to go.

I've posted here several times that I put Ford ends on my rear with the 11" drum brakes, 30 spline axles, and eaton posi. It really only adds the cost of the ends and labor to rebuilding the rear since you have to buy axles even if you are going cclip eliminator. I think I used the "big" Ford ends but I can't find the receipt to check, sorry. I ordered them through Jack Cotton, he may remember what he sold me (about 5 years ago). Or call Moser and ask what they recommend, 260-726-6689.