AC CONDENSATION LEAK

Hunter Dog

Wondering best way to fix a cold, clear water leak above the passenger's feet which is coming from below and behind glove box that is running down the black, plastic housing area which has two visible 7mm screws facing toward the rear of the car.

We are seeing condensation from the a/c drain into the two small door flaps as well as out the small hole under the heater core as I believe should be the case. However, we are also having some cold water (less than what is coming out underneath the car) dripping on my wife's feet when she is riding in the car, or on mine if she is hammering it down the highway. :)

When I removed the two screws I was able by hand to slightly spread out the black, plastic area where water is not standing in this area but running along it and eventually down to the floor. I am wondering if I can seal this area up (if so, best product to use?) and if so would that solve the problem or is this just a bandaid that is not addressing the real root cause of the leak?

Thank you for your time.

A couple ideas...
1. Is the drain clean?
2. The core may be freezing up.
Check the freon charge.
On the Vintage Air instructions for this issue, they suggest backing off on the temp selector a little.

Drain is clean and when I remove the fan I can see where water went out those two, small doors.

I ran a garden hose inside the area where the drain is located and pointed it in all directions. I did this on a very low flow, then medium, nothing coming in, not a drop. I then used a bucket to try and really force things, still nothing coming in. When flushing the water through it was coming out both the drain and small hole without any noticeable restrictions. Obviously doing this I could not simulate driving the car down the road with various speeds and turns with the blower on. I decided to use some Permatex and seal up the plastic housing area that has the gap inside the car above the passenger's feet that is about 8" long and has two 7mm screws in it and see what happens. I am not sure if this area was supposed to be sealed up from the factory or not. Ours did not appear to have ever been sealed up with anything and if it was there was no sign of it.