Re: San Antonio Buick Club???

Anyone have a little time on a weekend to help me chase down a problem? Just freshened the engine with bearings and gaskets. Having an issue with either the cam sensor installed wrong or coil/ignition problem. Car will start after cranking on it for a while. Idles fine, revs fine in park but any load at all and it just sputters and pops. Would like to test off of a known good one, before throwing parts at it. In San Antonio on the Northeast side in Live Oak.

Double check your firing order
If it doesn't work after you check it lmk
Anyone have a little time on a weekend to help me chase down a problem? Just freshened the engine with bearings and gaskets. Having an issue with either the cam sensor installed wrong or coil/ignition problem. Car will start after cranking on it for a while. Idles fine, revs fine in park but any load at all and it just sputters and pops. Would like to test off of a known good one, before throwing parts at it. In San Antonio on the Northeast side in Live Oak.
le

I gotta meet up with you guys one day. I am originally from SA. Stationed in Abilene now for about 5 years. I come home pretty frequently, just hardly ever drive the TR. My parents live down by 1604 and Old Pearsall rd. This was some years ago, but I saw a GN driving around 1604 and Military. Pulled into the shell station. I was in my TR.

You ever get it running right?

I gotta meet up with you guys one day. I am originally from SA. Stationed in Abilene now for about 5 years. I come home pretty frequently, just hardly ever drive the TR. My parents live down by 1604 and Old Pearsall rd. This was some years ago, but I saw a GN driving around 1604 and Military. Pulled into the shell station. I was in my TR.

If your ever in the area check out the car meet on Saturday nights off 151 and potranco and the texaco... There's usually one or more of us there every week.

I will be moving to San Antonio next week. Will be in Converse. Anyone local?

If your ever in the area check out the car meet on Saturday nights off 151 and potranco and the texaco... There's usually one or more of us there every week.
Good to know. I may be down that way in a couple of weeks or so. Any one have an extra alternator bracket for sale? Mine has been cracked for a long time.

Man I need to find you guys. Starting to feel lonely in SA ;) I've been the only GN (well, Buick period) out at Car's N Coffee for the last 4 months. Guess I need to hit the meet off of 151 and Potranco.

Just in case anyone in the area is in the market: Saw a '87 GN for sale at Jordan Motorcars a few weeks ago. Had around 32K miles and was in very nice condition. Didn't get a chance to look under the hood but the interior was nice. From my brief perusal it had an aftermarket stereo, updated exhaust (hooker?), fuel pump hotwire, and most likely a new gas tank. They were asking for 27,000.

- Mike

Man I need to find you guys. Starting to feel lonely in SA ;) I've been the only GN (well, Buick period) out at Car's N Coffee for the last 4 months. Guess I need to hit the meet off of 151 and Potranco.

Just in case anyone in the area is in the market: Saw a '87 GN for sale at Jordan Motorcars a few weeks ago. Had around 32K miles and was in very nice condition. Didn't get a chance to look under the hood but the interior was nice. From my brief perusal it had an aftermarket stereo, updated exhaust (hooker?), fuel pump hotwire, and most likely a new gas tank. They were asking for 27,000.

- Mike

I've been working so much lately I haven't even had mine out in a while :( when's the next CNC?

I've been working so much lately I haven't even had mine out in a while :( when's the next CNC?

The next one is tomorrow (Saturday), but I believe it will be raining so I doubt many people will attend. I'll be skipping it if its raining :/

The next one is tomorrow (Saturday), but I believe it will be raining so I doubt many people will attend. I'll be skipping it if its raining :/

Well we all know how the weather is in San antonio lol so if it doesn't rain message me on here and I'll go meet up with you in my Gn... I'll let some other guys know too it weather is good.

I gotcha... well let me know when you find out which one and hopefully he has the one you need.
Well I had to find an Internet picture. Not my engine, but I drew an arrow to the bracket I need. Not sure if picture will upload but I'll try it.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 89
Here's mine. You can see where the crack is, or the JB weld covering it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 103