Rare GNX Offering - GNX # 33 - ASC Founder

Driven Hard & Stored Wet; Probably still on MSO

From what I have been able to determine, no CarFAX or Autocheck records exist for this car. That means there's a good chance it's still on MSO / never titled (let alone in his name).

Agreed, looks a bit beat-- and I was one of the first to respond privately expressing interest. After I told my wife the story of the man and this car (and convincing her we really do have room for a third GNX :rolleyes:), her first question was where did he meet with his untimely demise-- wasn't the car was it? Answer: No.

A real loss of great entrepreneurial spirit-- Heinz Prechter came to this country with almost nothing, bought a broken sewing machine from a junkyard to repair and set about building his well-deserved fortune and empire in ASC. A real positive force in conservative politics as well-- philanthropic to a fault and never asked anything in return (no recognition, no special political appointments, etc.)

Not enough to overcome his bipolar disorder, though. Quite a man and quite a car, though not as pristine an example as one would expect with such low mileage. Again, the moonroof was not GM installed (no CF5) as it was done at ASC for him. So it's technically correct and "as delivered" but not from the GM side. Certainly the only one like it.

Interesting footnote in motoring history, no question. And still a neat opportunity for someone who doesn't mind some work.

Doug

For 100k i will sell mine with 7,000 miles and its purrrrrfect. Just ask flyingn and phillyturbo about it. The last car show we were at i caught them both trying to hump the tail pipe on the exhaust....LOL ! I knew there was somthing wrong with those two

For 100k i will sell mine with 7,000 miles and its purrrrrfect. Just ask flyingn and phillyturbo about it. The last car show we were at i caught them both trying to hump the tail pipe on the exhaust....LOL ! I knew there was somthing wrong with those two

Wait till you see what I left in the muffler! :tongue: :biggrin:

Well I guess if a ratty old Buick that was once owned by Howard Hughes and modified especially for him is worth $1.56M, then I guess this GNX is easily worth $100K.

Hey if it helps i'll drum up some fake doc's from ASC and cut a big hole in my gnx....put in a nice piece of clear plastic and presto change ! 100,000 big ones.

You guys are too critical

GNX # 33 is real. it actually has under 10,500 ORIGINAL Miles.

NO - the miles have not been rolled, look at every GN, T or GNX, and the mileage will look correct, looked at mine, and you may be seeing things.

The dash trim looks used -- I do not have a clue what would cause it!
But I bet it can fixed and look like new and no one would ever know the difference, maybe...

My GN has roughly 37k miles and the interior is a lot nicer... almost as new.

Heinz died in 2001 by hanging himself, sad but true, even with all the money and classic muscle cars, life was not that good at age 59, so he chose another path in life and one I path I want nothing to do with (death)

ALL GNX's under 11,000 miles are very expensive...
and if you want a used GNX with over 75,000 miles expect to pay $40,000 saw it on ebay this past year, with BUY IT NOW, gone, so there is no way in hell, you will buy GNX #33 for that price.... say whatever you want to help you sleep better at night, knowing you can't afford GNX # 33... I drive my GN rarely, simply because of the idiots out there that are jealousy of these cars... I do drive it to keep the fluids and seals and everything else flowing... Maybe one day I will sell, but I do a have paper trail going back to purchase date -- January 1988. and that is what helps get the higher dollar over other GN's, T and GNX's that lack paper trail. I have seen a GN that is quoted as no repaint, with 16,000 miles - yet the intercooler emblem was placed lower than the other side of the GN... I can look at any GN and tell if something looks right or not, even Dennis Kirban stated at 2006 GS Nats, that a 60 mile GN is wrong/missing Factory GM stickers, yet the car is what it is. Driven off the factory and stored... plastic still on seats! Don't believe everything you see or hear. Just the facts, Jack!

As for the sunroof, what do you think they said on the assembly line as Heinz' car was being built -- this is Heinz' car, do a great job on the sunroof...and if there were any problems, back to the shop to get fixed!

Heinz' enjoyed his GNX racing anybody that came across his path. He did have a custom radar detector added, so that might be the unit below the dash and also there is a piece in front of the car not shown...

Maybe it is not $100,000 because of a few flaws, but ASC may decide to sell if someone with CASH steps up... Offer less and see what happens, in either case, this GNX will be going to the auction, if not sold. They would like to have it SOLD by Dec 22, 2006, vacation and holidays and a new year!!

Good Luck.

Brett Wallace

suicide eh? this car needs a good ghost story to go with it. I would have just randomly put a rope in the back seat or trunk when taking pictures. That would've had the emails flooding in.
Other than the dash piece and shifter, I don't see anything that looks that bad really. You can only tell so much with pictures of course. Anybody have any idea at all what could be the cause of the dash being worn like that? Did he have a obsesive compulsive with sticky notes? Did he like to put his feet up on the dash when driving? I remember my old girlfriend putting lots of foot imprints in the dash of my old t type, but there was a very good reason for that!!! :D good luck with the sale. this is the first I've ever heard of this guy. But, I don't know too much about gnx's either.

Heinz' enjoyed his GNX racing anybody that came across his path. He did have a custom radar detector added, so that might be the unit below the dash and also there is a piece in front of the car not shown...

As for the sunroof, what do you think they said on the assembly line as Heinz' car was being built -- this is Heinz' car, do a great job on the sunroof...
They said"he wants us to cut a hole in the roof of a GNX?what a dumbass." :eek:

The handle slider on a GN Moon roof is a Chromed piece of metal that hangs down.Not recessed.
Also the exterior view of the roof doesn't look factory.
The switch location on the dash is also another giveaway.That is how an after market ASC switch is installed.

My ASC roof has a chrome pull handle for the sliding board and the switch with ASC logo on it mounted in front of the roof opening. This GNX is the only other car I have seen with an ASC roof. Any one else have one?

Yea, even though its a bit ragged on, its still rare and unique for sure... Though, i doubt it had 110 grand on it, cuz what would be the odds, of you goin that many miles, RACING at that, gettin pulled over, and not even having a title? i dont care how much money you have, you keep gettin pulled over, racing in a car that doesnt even have a title, someones going to get in some real trouble... the mileage is most likely correct imo...

I bet he used a Dealer Tag to drive it on the street ;)
I can't afford it, but If they wanted to give it to some one that would LOVE IT...Sqeeze it :eek: ...and Drive it...I'm the Man for the job ;)

Factory moonroof:
MVC-085S.jpg

MVC-086S.jpg

Did they sell this car yet? If not how do I contact the seller.
I have a few questions that I would like to ask before I get serious
about buying it.

I bet he used a Dealer Tag to drive it on the street ;)
I can't afford it, but If they wanted to give it to some one that would LOVE IT...Sqeeze it :eek: ...and Drive it...I'm the Man for the job ;)

Factory moonroof:
MVC-085S.jpg

MVC-086S.jpg

wow NICE pic :eek: :p