Rare GNX Offering - GNX # 33 - ASC Founder

GNregistry

GNX # 033 SUNROOF with 10,500 miles - Owned by Mr. Heinz Prechter.

The car is #33, although talking with Rick Hunt, ASC employee who was on the assembly line, and the owner of the "1 true White GNX", he said they pulled Hein'z car from the first 12, took offline for the sunroof, and then back for final assembly, ending as #33.

Minimum Bids: $100,000 not a typo...
Also, included LARGE COLLECTION of ASC Literature supporting information and history. Serious buyers/collectors only!!

Contact Brett at GNregistry@aol.com or respond here...

well... Its a truly one of one..... Made at the factory.. So its worth that... easy..

Photos added online GNX 033 Sunroof

Here are some photos posted online

GN REGISTRY :: THE OFFICIAL BUICK GRAND NATIONAL & BUICK GNX REGISTRY
or

Buick_GNX_033_with_Sunroof

If you live in the Detroit area of I-75, then you may have seen or heard of stories about Heinz Prechter racing anything that would challenge him. GNX 33 was acquired on June 30, 1987.

The person who purchases this GNX will have the opportunity to take a tour of ASC and access to the best literature right from ASC Founder and conversion for the GNX... this is a chance of a lifetime.... to own the only GNX with a sunroof.

Brett
cell 920-279-5466
e: GNregistry@aol.com

Correction: GNX # 033 offered for sale at $100,000

CORRECTION:

GNX 033 is a very special offer and is available for sale at $100,000 -- please beware that it is not for sale to the highest bidder.

If you have $100,000 and want this GNX. Buy It Now is available.
Please contact myself or ASC directly. I only know what you have seen and heard so far. As for the photos, I do not know what happened to the dash trim -- but it can be replaced. The biggest plus is the large collection of ASC literature and suporting history. I called Dennis Kirban and spoke with him and he also contacted ASC directly. They mentioned that they have a pencil with ASC name from back in the day as an example of items.

NOTE: The sunroof option was a special tribute to Heinz' history in sunroof and convertible conversions.

buickgnxmore009.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

After reviewing the pictures I am going to be on hold with this car. I am very interested and have cash in hand, but it seems as though it may have been a rough 10k miles. Does anyone know if the sunroof is the same exact one found in a regular GN or is the ASC conversion unique?

After reviewing the pictures I am going to be on hold with this car. I am very interested and have cash in hand, but it seems as though it may have been a rough 10k miles. Does anyone know if the sunroof is the same exact one found in a regular GN or is the ASC conversion unique?

I have 3 cars here with moonroofs ...Ill look at the pics later tonight :cool:

Chances are it is the same ASC moonroof in my car which is different than the factory one. I hope they did a better job installing it than the job they did on mine. They cut the factory headliner board around the outer perimeter and just taped the wires to the roof. :confused: They dropped down years ago and it looks bad. Oh well, it still works though. That car does not look well preserved. Ridden hard and and put away wet.

couple of observations,

note the speedo, when the speedo is still on it's first trip around the numbers are perfectly straight, the 1 is off a bit, chances are this car has 100k on it.

it also has been retrofitted with R134a freon.

Looks rough. its had a hard life...

Someone needs to run a carfax and see what that comes up like. Almost looks like a laptop mount of some kind was mounted on the dash and messed it up. If you look you at this pic buickgnx003.jpg you can see markings all around the vents and radio pod. Rare car and someone sure enjoyed it! How does the shifter handle look that bad when they cost $30 bucks to replace! :eek: :cool: Still a nice car.. I'll give ya 30K for it! :cool:

From another post...

1. GNX #11, 30,100 orig. miles, stock, $54,000, 248-770-5122, MI

I'd buy two of this one! :biggrin:

10,000 miles…….. Looks more like 110,000 to me, And a rough 110,000 at that…..
It’s a shame the car was not cared for, I would love to see the paperwork and documentation
that comes with the car.

The handle slider on a GN Moon roof is a Chromed piece of metal that hangs down.Not recessed.
Also the exterior view of the roof doesn't look factory.
The switch location on the dash is also another giveaway.That is how an after market ASC switch is installed.