Qusetion for the canadians out there

flatjay

I am in saskatchewan and want to order some parts.Where do you other canadians like to get stuff from.Thanks

I am just looking to get breathers for the valve covers,I just ordered a fuel pump and hotwire kit from racetronix and was very impressed with there service.Thanks for the vendor names.

I wish we had a source for Turbo regal parts in Canada......its sucks ordering from U.S. suppliers and paying all the associated charges.....or paying dealer prices ......hmmmmm youv'e got me thinking

Isn't Ken Seggie still around? I thought he owned National Performance in Ontario somewhere? Have any of you Ontario guys ever used him for anything?

Originally posted by c&cgn
Isn't Ken Seggie still around? I thought he owned National Performance in Ontario somewhere? Have any of you Ontario guys ever used him for anything?

Personally. No.

National Performance's prices are ALL over the place... some good... others are REALLY far fetched!

Some guys can't help BUT go to them as they don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to these cars.

Other folks just plain like them, and shop there regardless of price.

Most US vendors treat us well... that is where my weak dollar ends up ;)

Previous owner of my Car used him for some repairs... I have heard he is Expensive. I haven't tested his pricing yet. I try to do my own repairs and Mods . I just wish we had a reasonable Canadian source for Parts ;) Like gmpartsdirect .....
used parts from The BB board always works....i recently (pending) sold my Nos kit for some Real Merican $$$$..Yahoooo.

Good GM parts sources

Actually, I've had excellent service from P&G Chevy's on line parts system. Their prices are better than GMPD once you factor in the 18% handling charge, and they ship to Canada! Check out
www.partszoneonline.com

As for an in-Canada Gm source with good prices, I'm still looking:rolleyes:

There is another shop in the GTA (Toronto area) that does quality work on Buicks called High Tech Racing. Their prices are reasonable from what customers tell me and they use quality parts. Racetronix supplies them with numerous fueling and electronic componenets.

They are very busy at this time of year so there might be a slight wait for service.

High Tech Racing's phone number is 905-856-5858.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix
www.racetronix.com

GOFAST parts

I had good results (quick respones, fair pricing, and reasonable tech support) from Kenne- Bell in Rancho Cucamonga Cal., Eastern Performance in Pa. (anybody know where Eastern went lately ??), Summit Racing in Ohio, and two local fabricators.

Also, if you can find a way to get to an NHRA event, the manufacturers midway is worth the price of admission.. even if ya don't see a single "fuely" make a pass.

Sometimes they have "at the meet" sales .. MSD was always good for that.

Happy shoppin Bro'

Hey guys, here is some info to save/eliminate the brokerage & duty fees at the border (some of you probably already know this but I thought I would post it for those who didn't :) ):

Importing packages from a vendor must be worth the Canadian equivalent of $25.00. not to accumulate taxes/ duty. $60.00 CDN max for something marked "gift". So if you buy something from a vendor worth $15.00 U.S. X 1.56 = 23.40 CDN it will pass....or marked "gift" $38 U.S. X 1.56 = $59.28 CDN it will also pass and be mailed right to your door. This is info I got from a fellow Canadian that I have used myself and so far so good for me. Feel free to add corrections, anyone that knows otherwise and please list any other "tricks" that can help us save on cross border shopping :)