Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Here is the next question:

Again answer has to match mine....

The answer is under the hood of any 1986-1987 Turbo Regal.

One of the parts attached to the engine in the aftermarket world has at least 2 other shapes other than the exact factory GM shape.

Name the part I am thinking of and the 2 differences. (We only sell the one that is 100% correct looking).

Game on players....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Vacuum block atop throttle body.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Kirban update

want to clarify the clues alittle better. ABove answer is a good guess but that part is made by companies in the business. The part I am seeking is made by companies that make parts for various cars in general in other words not a part that is specifically made by say me or caspers or G body but rather a company where you wold find the product in auto zone or advance auto etc...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Speaking of vacuum blocks...several versions do exist and is a better format than the GM plastic one.

We sell alot of them with the extra port for vacuum brake conversions....

AC receiver / dryer. They can be had in different finishes. Black is correct, and that's what you offer for sale.

A/c accumulator.

Last edited:
kirban update

Guesses so far are all good but not the one I am seeking

Part that provides the answer is a fairly common part that many of you have probably replaced. It is not ac related.

Its a part you may not realize 3 versions exist.

Its also something quite visible.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

on a side note latest Hemmings has a 1987 Yugo listed for sale original like new condition 73,000 miles $4,200 buys it.

You could own the only one in your neighborhood..

Alternators. There are different fans looks as well as diff watts.

Probably explains why we sell so many of them. The pulley on our cars is special size. Plus the ones we sell are the correct color.
Even our 200 amp looks correct. Even new AC Delco units are not correct looking. Remember in many cases companies are in the replacement business not the restoration business when it comes to parts. Their is a difference.

Like the radiator cap....has no ears only was used on certian GM cars for a few years in the 1980s.

Just got an idea for another upcoming question.

Would it have something to do with ignition. Coil pak

BINGO POST 692 takes the prize....

The coil pack the top half of your ignition set up can vary in appearance depending on the brand. Currently we offer the AC Delco unit which has the correct looking 3 humps for lack of a better definition. One version I seen has a solid flat top not individual humps and another version I have seen hard to describe has the 3 humps but the end of each hump is a different height.

The base part original is black all the replacements I have seen are unpainted (silver) which customers can easily rectify prior to installing.
On a similar note the cam sensor which basically resembles a small distributor has become quite expensive we have it temporarily discontinued as our various sources peg this part at $400 or more. Ridiculous price for such a small part.

So you know the rules current winner has to step aside for the next question. should be last question of the nite.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO Post 696 by GN Rick nailed it. Rick keep track you may be closing in on 15 wins....

The difference was 86 had a bit of chrome on the grille where as the 87 had no chrome cept for small diecast Buick emblem. We sell a clever engraved plate that says QUICK that owners can place over the word Buick.

On the subject of 1986 and 1987 differences that will be the topic of the next question.

Game rules GN Rick gotta pass on the next one. All others can participate as usual.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban next question

Again answer must match mine

Difference between a 1986 GN and a 1987 GN.....understood the grille is one and the interior pull straps on the door panels would be two of the most visible ones.

Two more exist

One can be best determined if you see both cars side by side. It is not paint related as both years suffered from lack of a decent paint job. My kid would be embarrassed if any of his paint jobs looked that bad!

The other difference did not occur rite away with 1987 product but came alittle later into the run.

With those 2 clues what are the 2 differences I am referring to between the 1986 GN and a 1987 GN.

game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com