Quick MAF blow-thru question

savage6

I've got the ls1 maf sensor and trans plus on the car now. What is required to convert to a blow thru setup? I would just assume that you move it to the uppipe and thats it. Am I right? Any probs with the ls1 maf taking ~22psi?

Thanks!

might require a little tuning, as the calibration shifts when you do this.

The MAF should take that fine.

Bob

MAF relocation

might require a little tuning, as the calibration shifts when you do this.

The MAF should take that fine.

Bob

Tuning? In what way? I'm also in the process of doing this and would like to know. Richer, leaner? Which way does the calibration shift? TIA :D

You would need to relocate your MAT sensor as the ECM uses that to make density calculations. Also, it might pose a problem if you're running alky and you install the MAF/MAT post nozzle.

You would need to relocate your MAT sensor as the ECM uses that to make density calculations. Also, it might pose a problem if you're running alky and you install the MAF/MAT post nozzle.

Yeah, good call, I did place the MAF before and down the 90 deg bend of the up pipe away from the alky nozzles. Not a good idea to spray alcohol through the MAF. Should I locate the MAT into the doghouse? TIA :biggrin:

I would put the MAT sensor where it will see the same temp as the air going through the MAF.