questions about th350 swap.

AF1Strider

So I just bought a 87 Buick that had a th350 swapped into . The problem is the Speedo doesn't work. I plugged the cable back into the tailshaft of the transmission, and nothing. Also it's leaking from where the goes into the tailshaft. I was wondering how did people get there th350 in and did directly fit or was there mods that had happen? Thanks the help.

You will have to pull out the piece in the trans that the cable screws onto. It's probably missing a gear that drives the speedo.

Attachments

• TH350 TH700R4 cutaway speedogear.jpg
    TH350 TH700R4 cutaway speedogear.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 64
ok the gear must be missing, the piece that the cable screws in to is pushed a good way into the tailshaft, and it has leak from there and it looks like it has a leak were the gear lever attaches. I replaced the pan gasket because it was also leaking from there. Still is leaking but not from the pan gasket.

Ok well I bought that tool and replaced the selector shaft seal, that leak is fixed. Now I'm trying to figure out this speedometer leak. It had no gear in there, but the speedometer pinon had the opportunity o-ring it but it was pushed all the way in. I wanna replace the o-ring but can't find a part number for it anywhere