Question about my motor

turbobeast707

Im a novice with these cars and still learning what I need to do to increse my engines performance. I purchased my 87 GN in 2007 with 23k mi on it and the motor was freshly built with 500 mi on it after the build. Im trying to find out what type of injectors I should run on this motor and got a TE45a turbo for the motor because the fins were damaged on the on that I have in the car. first off can it handle this turbo and im thinking of going alky injecton, but dont know what size injectors are in the motor at this time and the chip that was in the ecm I have no idea what it is. It says street/lance on the under side of the chip written on it. I couldnt find the map sensor in the engine bay on the passengers side of the car so I bought a 3 bar map sensor will install this weekend. the injectors have a green ring on them but i dont know if they are color coded or not. here are pictures of the list of parts that were installed in the motor and done by Hartline Performance and balanced by Hartbeat Racing. any help on. what the possible output is for this build and what size injectors I need as well as chip and from who TurboTweak or other wise??? sorry so long winded.....:D
WP_001124.jpg
WP_001125.jpg
WP_001126.jpg
WP_001127.jpg

there is currently 24k mi on it now... and when I put the map sensor on I run a hose to the port on the bottom of the throttle body under the IC piping ?

There should be some numbers stamped on the side of the injectors. Post a good pic of them so we can see the numbers.

ks

Man, that is one loose ass engine.

Just get a set of mototron 60's and a matching chip and be done with it. Keep the oil changed and get an oil pressure gauge if you don't have one.

I loked them up by the numbers on them they are 30# tomcos injectors stock replacement....
dang it...
thanks guys.
but now my other question is do you think it can handle a TE45A turbo on this motor?

That engine was built to make power. 30lbs injectors in it makes no sense. A TE45A is a nice 10 sec turbo. The clearances are loose, but if you run heavier weight oil and keep the oil pressure where it needs to be, it will be fine. The clearances in my engine are close to those.

If the pressure's there, the hydrodynamic wedge is working. It's all the oil flinging around in the crankcase that would bother me. Not to mention the potential to slow down the ramp up speed on pressure.

The build date is 06 so I kinda want to assume the engine has proven itself to stay together. I can't figure out how a brand new crank is out of spec right out of the box though. (that's also assuming the builder's mic's were calibrated).

DID YOU EVER ASK HEARTBEAT RACING WHY THEY DECIDED TO GIVE THAT BEARING CLEARANCE ON BOTH MAIN AND RODS? JUST WONDERING IF THEY HAD A REASON OR IF THEY JUST SET IT LIKE A SBC.