question about injectors

nolanator

@none_more_black
I can get a really good deal on 120lb. brand new Delphi injectors (6 for about $275), but they are purchased in bulk and the guy doesn't flow match them. Should I jump on this, or is it worth paying another $85 to find a set that is flow matched?

Lots of opinions on this one.
My opinion says . . .It depends.
If we knew the actual dynamic flow for each cylinder at xxx operating condition, we could place the injectors in our favor. This is theoretical as no one really knows the actual flow for each cylinder at RPM/Back pressure for your combo. Too many variables and until the data is known, its a guess.

Current MFG processes are very repeatable and can hold much closer tollerances than 15 years ago.

However . . If I was building a car that was pushed to +80% duty cycle, the extra $$ is peanuts for peace of mind. Lol.

If running FAST or SD2 with individual fuel control, one would need EGT bungs and a very good tuner to make the right decisions, in which case matched injectors may be less of a concern.

JMO and best of luck.

Last edited:
I might as well just do this right the first time and get a flow matched set for a few bucks more.