Pushing the limit with AI

My best advice is to to spend your money on data aquisition and engine management. Look what the engine tells you.. and make your moves.

I believe it is possible for a stock turbo, stock IC, stock longblock to make it into the 10's with a full weight Regal and on 93 octane.. I believe to accomplish this not only does the tuneup have to be there.. but also the introduction of more air via nitrous.

Just like I believe a TTA full weight should be able to pop in the 9's. Keeping the TTA heads and 109 block.

The 8's with a 109 are now history. As is breaking 150 with a 109.

Keep looking up..

After these 20 posts it pretty much shows the limitations of the stock turbo. I could be wrong here but, Is'nt forced air just that, forced air? No matter cooled or not? The system is only going to do as much as the intercooler,heads and exhaust are willing to flow. I don't think you'll see alot more boost than what has already been posted wether it be race gas, alky& race gas, or just meth. I think air flow restrictions & limitations is the key. But like I said, I could be wrong and still would like to see if the stock system can be pushed even further. good luck! keep us posted. Scot w.

After these 20 posts it pretty much shows the limitations of the stock turbo. I could be wrong here but, Is'nt forced air just that, forced air? No matter cooled or not? The system is only going to do as much as the intercooler,heads and exhaust are willing to flow. I don't think you'll see alot more boost than what has already been posted wether it be race gas, alky& race gas, or just meth. I think air flow restrictions & limitations is the key. But like I said, I could be wrong and still would like to see if the stock system can be pushed even further. good luck! keep us posted. Scot w.

Sort of. The turbo effiency (keeping the air cool) plays a big part in it at higher boost levels. 26psi of boost from a TE44 may/will perform slower than a TE45 at 25psi b/c of the quality/density of the air. This is where the alchy injection comes in at higher boost levels. It can cool the air a lot more so you can run more boost and cram more air/fuel into the cylinders with a smaller turbo than using straight race gas with the same turbo. The limiting factor is more the size of the turbo; can the chosen turbo supply the CFM needed at the desired boost levels for the entire run. As was hinted above the Stock turbo doesn't seem to supply the CFM at the topend for long periods of time and becomes the bottle neck so extra oxygen may be needed via nitrous or cheated somehow to supply the car with more HP to get more MPH.
With the stock turbo in mind the engine is not the limiting factor, the stock turbo is.

KS:cool:

Pushing the alky limits

That is why i will be testing my direct port methanol injection system because i want to push the limits of the alky.

My engine runs on propane with no intercooler and i need as much latent combustion cooling as possible.

I will be running 6 * 5gph nozzles into each runner and 3* 5 gph nozzles in front of the turbo.

To up the pump flow as i couldn't maintain high fuel pressure i will be running the pump at between 16 to 24 volts dc.

My pump and tank is mounted in the trunk so i have had to make it a return line system with a rising rate fuel pressure reg in the front to control my fuel pressures under boost. The pump will be at constant voltage. A bit like an efi system. It will have two solenodis to feed the fuel rail.

I will be testing it in february to see how it compares to throttle body injection.

Illl also be testing the 3 " exhaust cutout to ground at the same time :)

I still can't figure out why people keep wanting to overwork a stock turbo, over-engineer a common part, or introduce space shuttle technology... when it's so much easier to go faster with common off the shelf parts.

Put a bigger turbo on it, bigger injectors, and Razor's alky kit and bang... with a good trans and good launch you should be in the low-11's or high-10's.
As proven time and time again, it is easy and can be done with off the shelf bolt-on parts, tuned via scanmaster...

It ain't rocketscience fellas. :cool:

I still can't figure out why people keep wanting to overwork a stock turbo, over-engineer a common part, or introduce space shuttle technology... when it's so much easier to go faster with common off the shelf parts.

Put a bigger turbo on it, bigger injectors, and Razor's alky kit and bang... with a good trans and good launch you should be in the low-11's or high-10's.
As proven time and time again, it is easy and can be done with off the shelf bolt-on parts, tuned via scanmaster...

Simple, Because it's boring, no challange. Just like runing DR's instead of slicks....:) Everyone has their own way of adding excitement to their lives and having a challange to overcome can be part of it.

ks

Simple, Because it's boring, no challange. Just like runing DR's instead of slicks....:) Everyone has their own way of adding excitement to their lives and having a challange to overcome can be part of it.

ks

That's a reason why I chose to make an automatic switching dual fuel system that uses 87/116 gas. It flat works and it does it damn good! The fact that I never seen it done the way I designed it makes it worth doing to me. It was a challenge and it works PERFECT!:cool:

That's a reason why I chose to make an automatic switching dual fuel system that uses 87/116 gas. It flat works and it does it damn good! The fact that I never seen it done the way I designed it makes it worth doing to me. It was a challenge and it works PERFECT!:cool:

I've always wanted to do that on a 1/2 ton chevy pickup.... mid 80's vintage... with the dual tanks.... except powered by a twin turbo 468 big block... and a 4L80E.....all under the factory flat hood.... say... 1000 RWHP....visions of high 9's on a truck that idled at 700 RPM...ultimate sleeper....

I loved the link you sent me and what you did is SAWEET! It doesn't look like it would cost that much to duplicate either..

ks:cool:

The scientist's need their projects :D

Not me.. i'm tired of losing toes experimenting with Land Mines.. i'll do as Grumpy does ;)