pte front mount, & dual fans. Where should i mount my smc bottle?

dannyv6

I have an 86 gn with a pte front mount and ramchargers dual fan setup. What is the best place to mount the smc alky bottle?
thanks,
Dan

Originally posted by dannyv6
I have an 86 gn with a pte front mount and ramchargers dual fan setup. What is the best place to mount the smc alky bottle?
thanks,
Dan

I Would Like To Know This Info Too, I May Get A Dual Fan Setup,
Thanks,

me too--
i was thinking of mounting it on the drivers side by the air filter-
anyone with some pics?

I don't have a PTE but do have a CAS V2 which should mount up the same. I mounted the bottle on the passenger side of the fan shroud about 1" in from the edge and the first alchy nozzle on the bottom side of the 90º bend. I got a picture.

I'm not sure how big the fans are but I made a hanging bracket that uses the two holes that are in the radiator hold down top formed metal brace.

Two 5/16" bolts hold the hanger that the bottle mounts too.

Just to the left 1" from the edge of the existing shroud.

I have the ramchargers setup and use the smc alky setup, i am running a front mount also, anyhow i mounted it with the same clamps that were used on the stock fan, i placed it on the left fan, there are two plastic brackets behind the fan....i spaced them perfectly drilled a SMALL hole so i could screw it in and basically tap it with the screw, this elimitated the need for a nut....anyhow it looks good and if you want pics, just post your email on this thread and ill try to send them asap....

i am on a dial up so it takes forever to send, sorry about the quality of pictures, it was dark in my garage and the camera has a crap assed flash, ill try if you want to take some in the light but in person the alky bottle sits better now than when on the stock fan, sorry about the photo quality problems.

thanks for the pics

that is how im going to end up doing it on the WE4

is that a 383 or a 440 in the back ground?

nice mopar by the way! :)

440, thats my fathers 69 GTX.... Thanks for the compliment and its not that big of a deal on the fan price, i had some problems with the fan wiring but its no big deal....the fit was tight and for 100 bucks it cannot be beaten, temps were @ 160 @ idle....164 in the garage when i was revving it....i presume around a 10-15 degree temp decrease and peace of mind....

Originally posted by PowerV6
I have the ramchargers setup and use the smc alky setup, i am running a front mount also, anyhow i mounted it with the same clamps that were used on the stock fan, i placed it on the left fan, there are two plastic brackets behind the fan....i spaced them perfectly drilled a SMALL hole so i could screw it in and basically tap it with the screw, this elimitated the need for a nut....anyhow it looks good and if you want pics, just post your email on this thread and ill try to send them asap....

nitrousmike175@cox.net