PTE 6262 Journal Bearing

So I ran a 127.79 and Grey Racer ran a 129.11 interesting about 1.3 difference in mph on both maiden voyages.
Update:
Looks like I'm leaning toward a stage II tranny from Lonnie over at ExtremeAutomatics to go with the new torque converter I got from Dusty...
Currently contemplating this, pull the current tranny/converter and keep it for a lock-up/backup. I have a spare trans. now, that needs rebuilt, that would go to Lonnie for the core unit.

I communicated with my current trans. mechanic about my intentions and he told me that would be a good move for me, commenting on Lonnie's great reputation with his Stage II 2004R Trans.

Cal, thanks for chiming in on the Grey Racer update.

JasJamz, tell your customers for $3.5k (plus labor if they're not a wrencher) they can have a capable trans and converter, (rounded numbers of course)... to handle the additional power, that the little 6262 puts out.

Chuck

I double check, but I'm pretty sure it has Champion iron heads with a hydraulic roller (street car). We are waiting on a couple parts then he will be taking it back to the track. I'm pretty sure he can squeeze a little more out of this turbo once I get some more data. The 60' should come down with a harder launch and some tweaking on the XFI boost controller.

Well, I figured it wasn't a stock long block at least. Strong numbers. Seems like this turbo can do alot more than most of the signatures of people with them show.

Well, I figured it wasn't a stock long block at least. Strong numbers. Seems like this turbo can do alot more than most of the signatures of people with them show.
It's a 10.20-10.30 turbo on an average combo with heads, cam, converter, and tune. It could probably be squeaked into the 9's with the right stuff. If you're not looking for at least high 10's this turbo is too much for the combo.

It's a 10.20-10.30 turbo on an average combo with heads, cam, converter, and tune. It could probably be squeaked into the 9's with the right stuff. If you're not looking for at least high 10's this turbo is too much for the combo.
Would this be a FAIR assessment now that there is track data on these new Billet turbos? Of course all on average, purpose built combos.
6262 ~ 10.30 - 10.20
6265 ~ 10.19 - 9.99
6765 ~ 9.98 - 9.50

87WE4BOOSTED said:
Would this be a FAIR assessment now that there is track data on these new Billet turbos? Of course all on average, purpose built combos.
6262 ~ 10.30 - 10.20
6265 ~ 10.19 - 9.99
6765 ~ 9.98 - 9.50

My assessment:
6262 10.6-10.2 backpressure
6265 10.2-9.75
6765 9.75-? backpressure
6768 9.4-9.0 been 8's on jw's car

Just learned that Cal posted on here.....
Yeah, I was quite surprised with the run even tho it felt fast, I certainly didn't think it was a 10.5.
Launched at 3 lbs boost and had a 60ft 1.54 so didn't think the et would be that quick.
Anyway, the change is a 250 stroker motor built by Bobby at RPE and a CK billet pro street/strip tranny. All else is the same as my sig.
The weather was about 75 degrees and usually my gn doesn't like warm weather, but it really was haulin the mail that night.....so I'm not complaining :D
Looking forward to getting to the track again.....
Grey, could you post your times and combo in this thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/times-and-combos-with-billet-turbos.296769/ I think your 6262 times might be the fastest in that database.

Grey, could you post your times and combo in this thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/times-and-combos-with-billet-turbos.296769/ I think your 6262 times might be the fastest in that database.
Pronto...appreciate the interest in my gn....it's faster than I ever expected. I was looking for a high 10 sec daily driver, and it looks like I got a low 10 sec car.
I use it all the time and have already put 450 miles on it in 3 weeks since I picked it up. Couldn't be happier !!!
As far as the combo goes, I'll have to defer to Cal to give all the info on that...He and RPE Bobby chose all the parts and laid out the build from scratch.
All I did was agree and pay for it !!!! So I feel it should be them to say what they want people to know....after all, they have put decades of hard work to be able to know what works
and what doesn't and I may be wrong, but I just feel I shouldn't be the one to give out that information.... No hard feelings I hope.
I'll post my times after we do a little more tuning and some new stuff....
By the way, slept with the time slip under my pillow...haha

OK, post what you can when you're ready. No need to reveal any trade secrets. I started that thread just to keep track of times with the new billet turbos. People were all asking what others ran with them so I figured I'ld start one thread that could keep info in one place. There certainly some interesting numbers in there. Some impressive some not...

Update:
Just got back from the track with Dusty non lock converter installed, same tranny as before converted to a non lock, added deep dish pan and alum. drive shaft.
Only one run that I didn't spin coming out of the hole, ran a personal best of 11.129 @ 123.23. Very poor air today, very humid and low 80's, I was hoping to join the 10 sec club but it didn't happen... but had a good time with some co-workers anyway. I'll post the power logger file up tomorrow.
As far as the non lock on the street goes, drives like a normal converter in traffic.
60' = 1.613
1/8 = 7.108 @ 97.04
1/4 = 11.129 @ 123.23 I picked up 26.19 mph...

Chuck

Update:
Just got back from the track with Dusty non lock converter installed, same tranny as before converted to a non lock, added deep dish pan and alum. drive shaft.
Only one run that I didn't spin coming out of the hole, ran a personal best of 11.129 @ 123.23. Very poor air today, very humid and low 80's, I was hoping to join the 10 sec club but it didn't happen... but had a good time with some co-workers anyway. I'll post the power logger file up tomorrow.
As far as the non lock on the street goes, drives like a normal converter in traffic.
60' = 1.613
1/8 = 7.108 @ 97.04

Chuck

Nice mph in the back! That feels good I'm sure.

Update:
60' = 1.613
1/8 = 7.108 @ 97.04

Chuck
That's great!!! I love my 6262 water cooled!! As you can see from my sig it also does what I want if and when I ever do get time to pull a hard 25psi pass. I'm starting to get back into my buick more and more as of late. Been off the seen for a while but I got a new job and have little bit more $ to sink into my baby lolo

Update:
60' = 1.613
1/8 = 7.108 @ 97.04

Chuck

Very nice Chuck!! X2 on how the converter feels! I hope to get in the 10s next time I go out. We'll see.:rolleyes:

With the factory wheels on and BFG T/A radials on for inspection, I got on the local by-pass, long sweeping left turn, once I hit the straight... went to 1/2 throttle or so and broke the tires loose and let out of it, only to feel the tranny not up shifting.... Tranny tech found the "O" ring behind the servo ripped/torn/failed. Pulled the tranny for complete rebuild, sent the converter back to Dusty to give it his blessing. On the tranny side, went from a "Superior Billet Servo" to a "Hi Performance Sonnax Servo" . Also had a billet foward drum, billet band anchor, added a billet input shaft, OD planet gear with billet hub, billet OD ring gear to help keep me on the road. I just got the car back this week.... it's all the 6262 jb turbo's fault, all of it, if it wasn't so darn fun to listen to the tires spin, this would have never happened.... j/k.

Chuck

So the tranny wasn't built with billet parts before but now is? Was it done local to you or did you send it out?

So the tranny wasn't built with billet parts before but now is? Was it done local to you or did you send it out?
It had three billet parts, servo, anchor pin and foward drum.

I had a local shop do the work this time, I found this guy who's had his own 87 GN since 89 and he has a great reputation in York County. He takes his car to the local track a few times a year, but doesn't do the Internet thing. His name is Jim and he owns A1 Transmissions in Dallastown PA. Jim called me when he had it apart and told me he can replace the torn "O" ring and replace the clutches, bands and put it back together....... or for about $900 his cost we could replace all the parts that he could with billet parts and then go for the usual fresh parts including racing clutches, bands etc. So I went for the whole sha-bang, while waiting on parts sent the TC back for service, I now have a tranny identical to Jim's own tranny.

Chuck

Nobody up this way is building them now that I'm aware of. Kind of a shame.