Proudly say what you do for a living!

I am a Pipefitter/Steamfitter/Industrial Plumber/Turd Herder at AM General (aka-HUMVEE Plant). Love my job. I was a auto mechanic for yrs before this. I used to actually build hmmwv's before I became a fitter. Regardless of all the bad press we have gotten these trucks are the baddest 4x4s on earth and have fulfilled their purpose our military. They where never intended to be used on the frontline of battle. I know this doesn't pertain to this thread, it just seemed convenient to insert here. Sorry for babbling. Just don't believe everything you see or read in the press.

Pipefitters make it so s..t roles down hill.

Currently under-employed :rolleyes:

I'm working in shipping/receiving for a brush manufacturing company. We make everything from counter dusters, floor brooms, truck wash brushes to big cylinder brushes for street sweep machines.

Meanwhile I'm waiting to get into the Pipefitters local 597 in Chicago. I tested #40 out of 700+ and they took 30 this year. :rolleyes:

Well i sit on my azz all day and search the web....................... with back problems you cant do much...... and must have good friend that will work my gn for me, and i have the BEST WIFE that puts up with me.....

I DO admire an honest man.:wink:

I've got bad back problems, too. It's been killing me for a long time. A real bitch. Pills, beer, Playboy Magazine....all don't work for me.:tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

very sorry to hear this. didn't you work for gbody?

Yes, he did. And a damn hard, honest worker he was, too. Was very suprised that Dave is not with them anymore. I think Brian lost a good guy here.

Bruce '87 Grand National

LOL... I know I wouldn't be able to take a picture like that! My gem would be leaking oil all over that pretty floor! :D

Nice!!!!! :cool:

which one? the aircraft or the Buick? lol!
she doesn't sit long enough to leak. not even fuel, we're religious about venting the tanks after every shutdown before putting her in the barn.
thanks for your service to our country. the origin of the a10 is a very impressive one. "here is a gun, build a plane around it":cool:

Yes, he did. And a damn hard, honest worker he was, too. Was very suprised that Dave is not with them anymore. I think Brian lost a good guy here.

Bruce '87 Grand National

first turbofish38, and now dailydrifter:confused: Brian must not be paying enough these days, lol

Career

I'm a Central Office Technician. I provide the tranportation for the intenet we so dearly love. I've been doing it for 11 years and really don't want to do anything else but that and work on my BUICK;)

I started at Teledyne Packard Bell as a TV repair ('74-'78). Then Xerox for 4 1/2 yrs, then Delco/ITT/Valeo for 23yrs. At Delco we made ALL of the electric motors in most GM vehicles (G bodies included) ,and I packed about 70% of all the wiper motors for the first 9 yrs . In the last 14yrs I served my apprentiship, the first 4 yrs, the rest as a GM electrician. I'm now at Delphi / GM Components for the last 4 1/2 yrs. We make fuel injectors in the clean room, fuel rails , V8 truck manifolds ( injection molded plastic)& the fuel injection for Harley Davidson. :biggrin: (Local 1097 UAW)

I almost forgot , my username comes from my snowmobile dyno business !!

I used to work in Delco Engineering at Plant 18 in Anderson, then they reorganized and I went over to Plant 1 for a while. Worked on their electrically heated windshield project some, mostly just generators though. Currently working with classified military hardware.

this one time..in Baghdad

I was walking around on the ground and I looked up at these green flying machines. I said that looks pretty neato. Fast forward a few years and here I am. Learning how to keep the rotor up and skids down for good ol Uncle Sugar.

Full time student, using my brains to earn a 4.0 GPA and excel in classes way above my level.. Some may call me genius. But I am not. Took the test, and just barely missed. So who knows where I'll end up? I enjoy mainly the sciences so maybe a career as a doctor, physicist, etc. etc.

good job man, do MUCH better than what/how im doing in school...

dennis,
we also have 3 trucks. and I know about headaches. I bought the 07 ford f-550 new. I have put 50,000mi on it and not one brake problem. Knock on wood. I was always a chevy guy till i bought this one. never again will I own a chevrolet tow truck. My Chevy flatbed has a Cat motor so its mr. reliable.

as for pricing. well lets see. a normal tow around here will cost you 105.00 for 10mi. get in an accident and stuff gets really expensive. 160.00hr for our state patrol. 240.00per hour for our county sheriff.
you have to also take into account my trucks cost around $85,000ea.

Hey you towed our old somerset......Thank You soo much, that was a POS car...

first turbofish38, and now dailydrifter:confused: Brian must not be paying enough these days, lol

I didn't know tubofish38 was not there anymore. Damn, these guys knew their stuff! A real asset to any organization, but mostly to the TurboRegal guys.

Thanks for letting us know. That's sad. They are two very intelligent (and funny) knowledgable guys.

Bruce '87 Grand National

dennis,
we also have 3 trucks. and I know about headaches. I bought the 07 ford f-550 new. I have put 50,000mi on it and not one brake problem. Knock on wood. I was always a chevy guy till i bought this one. never again will I own a chevrolet tow truck. My Chevy flatbed has a Cat motor so its mr. reliable.

as for pricing. well lets see. a normal tow around here will cost you 105.00 for 10mi. get in an accident and stuff gets really expensive. 160.00hr for our state patrol. 240.00per hour for our county sheriff.
you have to also take into account my trucks cost around $85,000ea.

Going by memory I bought my new trucks in 1973 and 1974 think they ran about 15 grand each....

Besides towing for dealerships, I towed for owners of apartment complexes where renters left cars behind or simply did not register them...sometimes they would chain them to trees....

I guess you understand rule number one in the towing business...never put your truck in a position to get stuck!

Prices sure have changed....

denniskirban@yahoo.com