Proudly say what you do for a living!

Vampire

Up all night
So we're all brought together here by our love for these unique cars, but outside that we all come from so many different areas, backgrounds, lifestyles etc...so I thought it would be cool if we could see where we all bust our asses making a living!

Just like these cars, our job is a big part of who we are, so say it proudly, I think it will be interesting. Might even help us network a little.

I am a bodyguard at an estate in Beverly Hills, CA, and I moonlight as a bouncer at clubs and events in Hollywood on my days off. (Trust me it sounds a lot more interesting than it is :))

Auto Technician for Toyota (been doing this for 27 years now :eek: ) Plus build cars + transmissions and whatever else at home.

Yep that sounds real cool. I'm just a maintenance guy at Turbocare (we rebuild natural gas and steam fired turbine rotors).
I came from 16 years in the overhead crane buisness, welding, cutting, rigging, electrical and such.
Prior to that USAR-as 31-V,C,E,B but that was in another, much more exciting, life.

Longshoreman for the Port of New York and New Jersey! Anything that comes into the country we touch it first.....Ironically i work mainly i Port Newark NJ....The same Port Dubai wanted to buy 2yrs ago :eek:

I'm in the car restoration buisness.. 32year's started at the age of 13, by the age of 18 I had reputation of my art work. people us to tell me who taught me to do awsome work. my replay was, is a gift from GOD!:biggrin: AMEN!

I manage a welding supply company in CT. Also own a company called Nextgen Cryo service. I fill liquid nitrogen for breeders who need to keep animal semen frozen. Also used to brand animals.Going great so far!!

I am a senior Software QC/QA Engineer for a digital signage company. I have been in software development for the last ten years and love it.

I'm property maintenance coordinator of a 700 acre development. We are 1300 acres total but the rest is the 18 hole golf course. I take care of everything but the golf. Property is devided into home sites, horse trails, hiking trails, 4 wheeler trails, equestrian facilities, club house and a whole lot more. Thats why I don't have time for my GN:mad:.

Certified Dental Technician for 26 years, 30+ in the field. Love what I do, hate my pay.:(

Certified Dental Technician for 26 years, 30+ in the field. Love what I do, hate my pay.:(

I couldnt trust myself to do that. I just went to the dentist and discovered I am grinding my teeth to dust when I sleep. Lots of damage and they are going to rebuild my teeth to like new starting next week. I cant imagine spending that much time in someones mouth fixing all the little things like that.

Full time student, using my brains to earn a 4.0 GPA and excel in classes way above my level.. Some may call me genius. But I am not. Took the test, and just barely missed. So who knows where I'll end up? I enjoy mainly the sciences so maybe a career as a doctor, physicist, etc. etc.

Worked 21 1/2 yrs at Intalco Aluminum smelter (Alcoa) and 16 yrs as a Industrial Millwright. Past 5 1/2 yrs I've been a Maint. Technician with the City of Bellingham, Wash.

Police......although currently still laid off and working part time at another department. I used to be a public accountant, a little too boring for me however lol.

I couldnt trust myself to do that. I just went to the dentist and discovered I am grinding my teeth to dust when I sleep. Lots of damage and they are going to rebuild my teeth to like new starting next week. I cant imagine spending that much time in someones mouth fixing all the little things like that.

It's not so bad working on models at the bench. I'm not "in the trenches". It is pretty detailed work. I use a 20x microscope and we work down to 1/10ths of a mm clearences. A steady hand is a must.:wink: