Pronto...a great guy I screwed over

Matt Golden

In case you haven't seen the other threads with this same issue in it and are curious, yes Pronto is right. I did accept funds(50.00 USD via paypal) for a transmission crossmember. I never sent him the part. Due to my own negligence I left this gentleman feeling taken advantage of and essentially stole money from him. I had his money and the part and that is not fair. Here is what I've done:

Okay, I've refunded half of the funds via paypal. The remaining $25.00 will cover part of the shipping for the crossmember from FL to NH... I've also sent PM offering free parts(within reason) to help out since I've caused a big headache and lost time on the project. Thanks a bunch for allowing me the opportunity to get you what you paid for and try to help out since it was my fault in the first place.

This board has had enough problem like this that I've sat back and watched over the years(I've been here longer than a lot of you, just re-registered using my actual name at one point, I was around years prior to that). I just never thought I would be in the middle of one...much less, the cause. I hope this is enough to make up for the foul up and I also hope that he can forgive me for this oversight in never sending his part. I am completely to blame for this dispute. He is an honest guy and should not have been made to feel he was taken advantage of. Especially on this site.
I will be shipping the crossmember out tomorrow(Sat. at the latest and that's only if I get into a wreck or break my leg or something) and I will provide tracking info to verify that it is on the way.
Once again, I was completely in the wrong. I messed up pretty badly and it's taken 5 months for me to realize it. Bad, bad business...and while I'm not a business, that is no excuse. When you make an agreement, you should honor it, and "I got busy" or "I just forgot" is never an excuse.

I am very grateful for Pronto and the Moderator/Administrator's of this board allowing me this opportunity and I would like to publicly apologize for this error that has caused a situation to occur which has left a bad taste in the mouth of one of the many good people who are members of this community.

Back on track

This issue was settled very generously. I appreciate your candor and humility. I'll now try keep my fingers off the font size:biggrin:

way to step-up matt, it's accounts like this that seperates us buick guys, from other car guys, something went wrong, shiz happen, but it's what you do when shiz goes wrong that define's you. way to go guys.:)

A real man steps up to the plate and accepts his mistakes! Good job..

Trans crossmember came on Wednesday. It's all good.

Matt, it takes a LOT of courage to admit when a man is wrong. That in it self is noteworthy in my book! Happy to hear everything worked out for both parties involved.:smile: