Problems with GN after sitting up for 3 years

sheckyZ28

The car has been sitting up for three years and am now tried to get it on the road again. When I stopped driving it initially it ran okay, it had a hard start issue but didn’t smoke at all. Now the car is running like crap and smoking bad. Under acceleration the chops up and the volt and SES light flash when it does that. Any ideas on where to start?

First thing to do would be to buy a scanmaster to read all the sensors on your car. If its throwing a code, you need to know what the code is. You can also use the paperclip trick. You jump 2 wires in the ALDL and it blinks the check engine light in series to tell you what the code is. go to Turbo Regal Web Site and look it up.

There are several sensors that if they are bad will make the car run like crap. You should also do the "spring cleaning" that is listed on the website above.

I hope that you primed the oil pump before starting it - my car loses its prime every year when it is in storage over the winter.

It could be a million things, I would start with vacuum lines and then to electrical, fuel system, etc.

Good Luck!

The only thing that I did while it sitting for three years was add a new TH dp. Im wondering if I burned up some wires somewhere. I looked at it briefly last night and will again. What are some wires I should check in that area, both pos and ground? Where do the hook up to and where do they run? Any help would be much appreciated.

I thought I did after swaping alternator and module from TTA engine. Drove it to my place, (have it stored at my dads) drove fine just until I got in my neighborhood then it started cutting up again. Flashing volt light and check engine light. No codes. I dunno. Took a couple quick shots of it though.

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

is it posssible that the low volts are throwing thqat light? The tps seems to bev very sensitive there. Nice car though! mine is very handsome, but no way i will take it anywhere! So when it gets hots this starts? check the ground cable? runs close to the downpipe. Change the battery? tossed mine. after 3 dead years, it just wasnt worth the chance.