Pro-EFI! The time has come

GetOwnedVette

Been saving my pennies for quite some time and had a few good poker sessions this month :) The time to finally come to order and install the full Pro-Efi setup on the car. To my knowledge it will be the 2nd car aside from Turbocliff's car rocking this setup and I cant wait.

Will be using Pro-efi for everything. The I-Boost built in will be controlling Boost. Will be running on e-85 using flex fuel setup. Everything.

I would like to mount the Color Can display flush in the dash above the radio and Ac controls by removing the 2 vents and hacking away at stuff :D Imo it would look the cleanest and not take too much messin around (I hope).

Either or I'm pumped to be on the home stretch of this 4 year build.....stuff takes time when your a struggling college student/poker pro wannabe :p Then the fun and hard part comes...seeing what blows up and putting down the power in the 1/4. Goals for the car have been always been a 550hp dyno session on E-85. Hopefully my blood, sweat and tears along with some tuning magic from Sound Performance once I have the car all buttoned up will make this a reality!

Update! Great Buick Dyno day at Sound Performance!! Met alot of cool people and picked up my Pro-Efi!!! Only thing on back order is the coils. Will post up a few cool dyno vids later this week.

Any who looks like I should have no shortage of work to do in the garage for a while. 0.o
214dqpj.jpg

Well its been weeks and still no Pro-Efi...but some other goodies have arrived yesterday and today!

Got the rest of my fuel system stuff! Weldon 2025a, my fittings (socketless with -8an Aeroquip hose), Rails back from the anodizer, Tial Q Bov!! All in all it was a fairly good week for toy arrival :) Ohh and my silly Lokar dipstick :p

29b13m9.jpg

Looks good, but I do give you some warning that pump is going to keep you awake in the car...:)

Looks good, but I do give you some warning that pump is going to keep you awake in the car...:)

:D Hopefully its a little better with the controller....usually I have the exhaust cutout open to keep me awake any who :) I would like the controller to quiet it down a bit though hopefully....dont want any vettes getting suspicious sitting next to me at the light.

:D Hopefully its a little better with the controller....usually I have the exhaust cutout open to keep me awake any who :) I would like the controller to quiet it down a bit though hopefully....dont want any vettes getting suspicious sitting next to me at the light.

dont waste your money on the controller. when you turn it down to a barely acceptable sound level, your fuel pressure drops. My ears would be ringing from my 2015. There are better suited pumps out there in my opinion.

dont waste your money on the controller. when you turn it down to a barely acceptable sound level, your fuel pressure drops. My ears would be ringing from my 2015. There are better suited pumps out there in my opinion.

I got the controller for free..or trust me for $400 I would have found a way around it. :D Didnt really decide to use the controller for sound though..weldon recommended it just to prevent things like vapor lock and fuel getting too hot. All I know is I got it for free and will try it out since it cant really hurt anything..especially cause it will be street driven a lot I could use any extra help keeping problems away :)

I'm running a 2035 with the controller. If you want to drive it on the street, I'd put a controller on it. Thing is a buzz saw on high! 10an feed dual feed the rails with 8an, and on the return. Phil.

What kind of silly ideas are taking shape here :cool: We shall see if I can finish fabbin one side up tomorrow and see how it turns out.

t9hbh3.jpg

I hope this works out for you, that EFi system is way to complicated for me, post your results on how it works out.

I hope this works out for you, that EFi system is way to complicated for me, post your results on how it works out.

I will definitely make a thread with my results once everything is squared away. Hoping to have it on the road end of July or so and on a dyno for tuning.

Got to work on the car a little more today but had to run a few surprise errands and the hardware store closed on me 30min before I could get there! I picked up some really cool spacers for the coils and need to round off the edges in a few spots, drill a big hole for the breather hoses and what not but I like how this looks. Not only does it look unique to a regal at least but it gave me the space where the existing coil pack was to mount my FPR behind the rails! Don't mind all the random bolts, was just trying to get a visual after I measured them out :)No amount of boost is blowing the spark out on these!

9zy4cy.jpg

25quic5.jpg