Precision Turbo Chips???

1BADT

TurboHolic
Does anyone run one of these chips for stock injectors and 92 octane gas? How do you like it? Anything else I should know about them? Thanks

They are pretty much one of the best you can get. Joe Lubrant is their dood, and he made me a really killer street chip.

I dont have a Joe Lubrant street chip, but do have his race chip in my car..

Stock: motor, turbo, intercooler [with big neck], injectors, T body etc... car has a fair amount of cheap, minor tweaks but runs the stock parts mostly.. I have gone 12.19 @ 108 MPH with Joes race chip..

Kicks butt. I bet his street chips are just the same :)

The following is a quote from Schlodes web page:

"At this last track visit, the scantool was starting to read quite lean even with the fuel pressure cranked to the stratosphere.. I think the stock injectors were actually done at 12.50-60s but I just keep pushing them, when really I need more fuel."

I am impressed with his performance using stock injectors. What was your fuel pressure when you ran 12.19s????

I know your 1.69s 60-ft times helped, but these are good ET's against a 108 mph speed.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

Would it best to have them custom burn a chip for my combination or will one of there standard street chips work fine???

They pretty-much custom burn every chip, because everyone's car and combo's are a little different. Both Joe's street and race chips are awesome. You won't be disappointed.

fuel pressure..

Originally posted by Donald McMullin
The following is a quote from Schlodes web page:

"At this last track visit, the scantool was starting to read quite lean even with the fuel pressure cranked to the stratosphere.. I think the stock injectors were actually done at 12.50-60s but I just keep pushing them, when really I need more fuel."

I am impressed with his performance using stock injectors. What was your fuel pressure when you ran 12.19s????

I know your 1.69s 60-ft times helped, but these are good ET's against a 108 mph speed.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

Hi Donald,

I started that day [at the track] out with 50 PSI of fuel pressure with the vac line off.. went for my first pass with 19 PSI boost.. I went 1.75 60', 12.40 @ 107 MPH.. 02s were right around 750s going through the traps..

More boost would need more fuel pressure.. plus the fact that I was now told I would be allowed one more full 1/4 run then it was time to either start lifting at 1000', find a helmet, or quit due to the fact that I had forgotten my helmet and went 12.4 without it :D

So with one more pass allowed only.. I decided to crank up everything as high as possible for my combo all the while kinda guessing.. So, on the 12.19 @ 108 MPH run.. I was running 53 PSI fuel pressure (vac line off)... boost was just a guess as I cranked the rod in a bunch of turns.. It turned out to be around 22 PSI in D. I was seeing 730 02s through the traps...

Found a helmet.. last pass: went 54 PSI of fuel, 24 PSI of boost and slowed to a 12.20 @ 108 (barely 108 tho) and a better 1.66 60'. The stock turbo sucks past 22 PSI I guess...

I have no idea really as to why, but my Limited has always been shy about 2 MPH for the ET is has run. years ago I had the stock downpipe and stuff still.. was in the 12.40s @ 105 and low 1.6 60s.. Before this last track visit my best ET was 12.28 @ 106.85 MPH 1.62 60'. A t first I though tit was due to valve springs.. installed some CC 980s, which seemed to be worth about 1 MPH in my car but thats it.

I just chalked it up to the fact that it leaves hard and cuts real good 60's. Hope to get an 11 out of it this way before I buy injectors, turbo, intercooler.. (matched parts..)

Sorry for the long post. Home from work and wide awake :eek:

try another chip

seen alot of controversry about high boost/low timing versus high timing/ low boost. It sounds like you are maxing out your stock turbo (beating the air to higher temps/pressure) and can either go with a different turbo or a different chip (A whole lot cheaper) and could probably shut alot of people up at the same time by trying the chip aproach.

HTH

Schlodes: sent you an e-mail. Thanks for the detailed information regarding your setup.

Your setup using stock turbo and injectors with high timing 28* with low boost is helpful.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin