PowerPlate is officially not a gimmick

hemco

which one is better the plate or a hemco for a stock car? no up grades just a chip.

My best guess is, the engineers probably figured/realized that at stock boost/timing levels it didn't make a big enough difference to merit the extra cost of a more complex intake. most stuff comes down to cost of benefit.

Question for Jason about the PP-
I know this was developed for the rear 2 cylinders running lean, but I noticed by the look of my plugs, that the passenger side rear one looks alot leaner than the other rear one. Was this phenomenon seen during development of the PP?

VadersV6 said:
Question for Jason about the PP-
I know this was developed for the rear 2 cylinders running lean, but I noticed by the look of my plugs, that the passenger side rear one looks alot leaner than the other rear one. Was this phenomenon seen during development of the PP?

I know your question wasn't directed to me, but the opening in the PowerPlate for the rear two cyls is dramatically offset to the driver's side of the plenum, so I'd say yes they accounted for that too.

How much HP and Et are you guys seeing with this power plate. Do you have to put more boost in the the motor to get the same results?

I think it works well on an engine that is driven on the street and strip with a stock intake. It makes up for not having enough plenum volume by slowing the air down a little. Im not sure how much cfm it flows when installed. It may cause an airflow restriction over 750hp. Up to that it seems fine. The real answers would come if you were to do a before and after test and probe every exhaust port at once and check egt's with and without the plate. If the egt's were more consistant under a controlled test with the plate it would prove to be very valuable. It seems to reduce KR if you are running right on the edge with octane from what most have observed. There is no other test that could actually determine its effectiveness. The real answer is to increase the volume in the intake plenum area. Especially in high rpm applications. As rpm increases and or displacement, plenum volume should be increased. Too bad its difficult to add a lot of volume without changing the intake manifold.