Powerlogger, tire size factor?

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
I don't see the availability to change the tire size factor in the Powerlogger software. Is this something in the works maybe, or am I just missing something...

K.

I don't see the availability to change the tire size factor in the Powerlogger software. Is this something in the works maybe, or am I just missing something...

K.

This isn't direct scan. You don't need to change/enter tire size. All data in PL is measured, not estimated.

That's why there's no 1/4 mile et kinda stuff (which in DS was estimated) HP and Torque were also "estimated" values. Not of much use at all.

The only calculated value in PL is CS (converter slip). If your TCC clutch is good, and other measured values are good, then it's easy to set the CS up to be dead on.

This isn't direct scan. You don't need to change/enter tire size. All data in PL is measured, not estimated.

That's why there's no 1/4 mile et kinda stuff (which in DS was estimated) HP and Torque were also "estimated" values. Not of much use at all.

The only calculated value in PL is CS (converter slip). If your TCC clutch is good, and other measured values are good, then it's easy to set the CS up to be dead on.

All the above is understandable, but when you change to a taller tire and the program reads 109mph through the traps when the car is doing 120mph... Yes, I agree there's not really a need for it...

It's not an issue with the program, it's years better than DS, but it would be nice to be able to skew the values to match the tire/speedo combination to the particular car...

K.

Yes, there is a Vehicle Speed Scalar to correct for gears, tires and such.

In the same folder where plc.exe is located, there is a file called plc.ini. Open that with windows notepad. Find the variable named "VehicleSpeedScale". It should be at "1". Example: to increase mph 5%, change it to 1.05. To decrease 5%, change it to .95.

Eric

Guess I'm going to have to pay close attention to the .ini file.
I've made a few changes in there, but didn't pay much attention to that one. :eek:

Yes, there is a Vehicle Speed Scalar to correct for gears, tires and such.

In the same folder where plc.exe is located, there is a file called plc.ini. Open that with windows notepad. Find the variable named "VehicleSpeedScale". It should be at "1". Example: to increase mph 5%, change it to 1.05. To decrease 5%, change it to .95.

Eric

So what you're saying is I should have asked you first... :biggrin:

K.

If you're looking to make your mph redout as accurate as possible, using the track slip may be "OK", but to be most accurate..... Find someone with a portable gps like a garmin or whatever, take a nice leasurely highway drive and monitor your speed on the gps (they are usually accurate to withing .01 in velocity measurements) and compare that reading to your speedo or what P.L. is reporting, calculate the difference in % and factor that into the data bit that Eric pointed out.

In addition, I wonder how this would work correcting CS factors instead of adjusting them individually? I've already adjusted mine to read 0% while locked in 3rd and 4th, so I don't remember what their default values originally were.
For someone who hasn't tweeked their CS factor values in the F3 page, correcting the speedo error first would be a good start!!
If the weather ever gets better I think I'll take my garmin out and check to see what my speedo error is, since I'm running 255's on the rear.

Thanks again Eric for pointing that out. The only .ini changes I've fooled with are setting my max and min Airfuel graph limits to match my WBO2.

If you're looking to make your mph redout as accurate as possible, using the track slip may be "OK", but to be most accurate..... Find someone with a portable gps like a garmin or whatever, take a nice leasurely highway drive and monitor your speed on the gps (they are usually accurate to withing .01 in velocity measurements) and compare that reading to your speedo or what P.L. is reporting, calculate the difference in % and factor that into the data bit that Eric pointed out.

In addition, I wonder how this would work correcting CS factors instead of adjusting them individually? I've already adjusted mine to read 0% while locked in 3rd and 4th, so I don't remember what their default values originally were.
For someone who hasn't tweeked their CS factor values in the F3 page, correcting the speedo error first would be a good start!!
If the weather ever gets better I think I'll take my garmin out and check to see what my speedo error is, since I'm running 255's on the rear.

Thanks again Eric for pointing that out. The only .ini changes I've fooled with are setting my max and min Airfuel graph limits to match my WBO2.

Y'all are killing me... :biggrin: You mean another feature of the program is converter slip... :eek: I guess I have more "homework" to do with it... ;) Give me a hint... :p

Wish I had my laptop here with me at work... :frown:

K.

Y'all are killing me... :biggrin: You mean another feature of the program is converter slip... :eek: I guess I have more "homework" to do with it... ;) Give me a hint... :p

Wish I had my laptop here with me at work... :frown:

K.

On the graph page, to the right of the second trace right under the second trace's digital value is another readout labeled CS% (converter slip %).

It's based on speedo and other data like CS factor (on F3 page when you click the adjust button in the analog input settings window).

It was added in one of the PLC updates. Which PLC version are you running?

It was added in one of the PLC updates. Which PLC version are you running?

Now I'm :mad: I didn't bring the laptop to work today. I'll have to check tonight. Where's the online source for PLC updates, etc?

K.

Found it, registered, etc. Version 2.4 is the latest?

K.

There is an interface (the SW that runs on your PC) version and there is a firmware version (the code that runs on the powerlogger itself). Seems like 2.4 is right for the firmware.

Correct. PLC (power logger console) is the software that you see running on your laptop, and the latest version is 1.2.9

The powerlogger firmware that needs to be flashed into the hardware is 2.4

Ok... I brought the laptop with me today. It's cuurently running version 1.0.8b. Is the update pretty much straight forward...?

K.

The powerlogger update process is straightforward.

The PLC program (PowerLogger Console) carries the firmware files with it. Its one .exe file, no installation necessary.

Copy the new PLC.exe file to your powerlogger folder and run it.

use the reflash button on the F1 page to update the powerlogger.

Bob