Powerlogger interface with a tablet?

BigReade

Buick City Boy
Has anyone discovered a way to
get these to work in harmony yet? My car is soon off to Nick Micale for some upgrades and powerlogger is one of them. I've been keeping my eye out for a notebook for data logging, but sure would love to just be able to use a tablet in lieu of the bigger, bulkier laptops.

There is a post somewhere about using a windows 8 tablet. Just need a mini USB cable. Won't work on an android tablet.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Might work on a windows phone.

when I bought PL it was on disc, how do I get the program on the tablet? I have a surface running 8.1, battery is far ahead of the old thinkpad I'm using PL on

You can download it from a number of places including full throttle and turbo tweak. You have to make sure your surface tablet is running the full version of windows. One version of that tablet only has the "app" version of windows and will not run executables like the PL software.

I broke down and bought an older notebook on ebay for $87, lol. But then I just saw someone said that Windows is doing away with support for XP, and of course that's what I got...fml. I'm not the most computer savvy person, so not sure if that means doom for me or not, hahaha

Really shouldn't be an issue unless turbo bob leaves xp behind and the PL no longer works on the xp OS. You should be good for awhile unless you are worried about no patches from Microsoft.

Nah, I really only bought this thing just for data logging. It won't see any use other than that.

its been over a year since I updated anything on my thinkpad running XP, still operates PL fine. Yeah, this surface is the RT & not the Pro, :wtf:

Yeah that's going to be a problem. I think they were trying to compete with Apple iPad and make things app based. I don't think it will run an .exe.

Microsoft is dropping support for XP but that's mostly security patches. If you stay on XP just don't browse the internet.

PL loads on Xp like a breeze and no issues , I have a old computer with it on there and when I went Win7 it took a alot longer to get loaded and working than the XP computer did . , but they both work great with either operating system

I can't find where to download the PL software on full throttle or on turbo tweak. Does anyone know where to find it on the website or another website to find it? Trying to get it on my acer NetBook with windows 7.