Powerlogger doesn't work in my car

Steve, can you post a log just so we can verify your issue is the same as LilTruck and I?

As Red on the old Red Green show used to say, "were all in this together" ;)
I don't have any saved ones, but I will get one. I will also get the ar133's out of there as well.

I have to ask. Are you the "one case that never could get it to work" car that Eric told me about?

no, my car ran for years with a powerlogger no problem. it developed this issues and then the trouble shooting was on. at first it only happened every now and again then I started to do it almost everytime.

Xfi isn't a "fix". Its a substitute. That's like fixing a blown HG with a new aluminum S2 engine. I'm not going to do that. Again, my car, nor myself is ready for that leap. Let alone my checkbook

The cars that the TR6 fixed: did it fix a common sputter / miss at WOT commonly associated with bad ignition parts on these cars? That's not the issue here. The logs show this is not a traditional weak coil / module issue. Not saying they can't create interference which may be causing my issue, but its not just traditional weak ignition symptoms.
My exact point in one of my comments earlier... You hit the nail on the head.... High dollar substitutes aren't " fixes ".....

is everyone running the autolite's? I never had this issues prior to autolites but I also changed to e85 when I started running them. the car did run fine on the autolites so Im not suspecting the, but I did go back to NGK and I still had the issue so I put autolites back in.

the xfi fixed my problem. yes its a fix, its not the fix you are looking for. maybe we should try and figure out why this fixed the issue. was it a costly fix yes, but I couldn't think what else to do and I had the money to do so.. I also bought a new complete wiring harness from caspers but I didn't install it. if the xfi didn't fix it I was going to install the harness

is everyone running the autolite's? I never had this issues prior to autolites but I also changed to e85 when I started running them. the car did run fine on the autolites so Im not suspecting the, but I did go back to NGK and I still had the issue so I put autolites back in.
I will be taking the autolites out and installing NGK YR5 tomorrow night hopefully and testing as well assuming the roads here dry up.

I tryed ur5's in it and the issue was still there. But try and see what happens

No. Been busy. Wife has clinical till late tonight so I'll get to change the plugs, as well as try the new 6.1 chip.

Ok installed plugs and 6.1 chip tonight. Didn't get to drive the car more than 10 or so WOT blasts due to various environmental unfavorable conditions. Consider me a pessimist but I'm not at all convinced its fixed yet. Just wanted to provide an update

On a side note I got to play with the 6.1 chip. Even though I was messing with boost, it was pretty neat to see it keep the AF pretty close to target even though I was well outside of Eric's preferred correction factor window. I have a lot of tuning work to do. My favorite feature by FAR is no long having to use the gas pedal and key cycles to change tune :) I know. Ancient news to you guys lol

I have not got a log yet. But I drove the car over 100 miles today thanks to ASE testing this afternoon....lol.... Did a few WOT blasts. The initial did even get past 7-8 psi and SES light came on and it cut out so I let off. The next two made WOT both times pulled clean and boost was at 29lbs:eek:, it was set 25-26 psi in the summer air. Time to turn it down I guess. But scanmaster showed no knock and all is well. I did not try my luck after that. Sat Xavier is coming down and we are finishing and hopefully installing the motor in his GN so maybe we can get out the PL and laptop and make a log to post tomorrow night. I still need to get those non resistor plugs out as well.

So..... Pessimistically.... It looks like it may be "fixed".... I.e. no xfi, tr6, etc etc..... If so, great... Glad you nailed it... I on the other hand got mine nailed down and am now pulling my trans due to the increased power o_O

Drove it more today. Went I to town for fuel and back. Lots of WOT starting to slowly dial in the new 6.1 chip. Problem appears to be gone but I'm still not saying for sure yet.

I'm going to be tickled to death if it was just my ignorance of using a non-resistor based spark plug causing this issue. And very grateful to Eric for his support

So you did the new chip and plugs at the same time? Which one fixed it? That's if it is fixed ...

Popcorn

So you did the new chip and plugs at the same time? Which one fixed it? That's if it is fixed ...

Popcorn
Right now I don't care. I would ASSume the hardware portion of the chip (is it a Motorola chip Eric?) would be just as susceptible to interference as the other. If the problem is indeed fixed and the plugs don't fix Steve V car then I guess I can put the 5.6 chip back in and see if the problem returns. I seriously doubt it was the chip though