Powerlogger doesn't work in my car

frames where everything goes to 0 (including the ignition volts) is the ecm rebooting. When the ecm reboots, it clears its internal memory, the PowerLogger is reading the ECM memory to gather its data.

its not going to be the voltage feed to the ecm.

Anyone with this issue in Michigan......?

Bob
I have reran the feed for my ecm and is still looses its memory whenever it feels like it. The ignition power (switch feed)dropping out should not reset the ECM, as I understand it.

AR133,s not ok with computer controled cars? If not whats the approved resistor plug equivelant? (sp)

I don't know if it's been mentioned and I missed it but..... The one VERY important point that I make either while installing or helping to install PL's, is that, if you think you've got the connector cleaned off properly, you likely do not. Once it's clean, clean it some more. It's extremely extremely difficult to get the inner side done properly as most do it. To really get it cleaned one needs to further separate the to board halves. the ribbon cables act like a hinge.
Trust me this is not however a job for the faint of heart. But, my point is: clean clean clean.
Been down that road. Cleaned and cleaned with acetone. Knew it was clean. Problems. Drove 20 miles to get goof off. Cleaned more with goof off.. Still issues. Have used electrical contact cleaner as final prep. Still issues. Same issues 2 ECM's

I went in with a small pocket screwdriver and GENTLY pulled down the contacts to make sure I had all the coating off....

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but thats pretty extreme. (thanks though....)

Hopefully we can recreate the symptom soon on a local car, and I can nail it down.

Whatever it takes, we will nail this down.

Bob
Its extreme, but honestly I will do it. I don't mind long trips. I do however want to get this fixed and the troubleshooter in me doesn't want to give up. If we can't get it figured out remotely, and you can't locate a local car, I am serious about bringing you my car. I'll put it on a trailer and drive through the night to get to your location

Just reviewed your log and it is EXACTLY my problem. Notice how TPS, BAT Voltage, MAF, etc all drop to OV in frame 500 followed by engine RPM dropping to 0 a frame later? This is my exact issue to the T (plus or minus a frame time wise)

Thanks for taking a look a the log. It is good to have similar information to work with on this problem!

When this happened the first time, I went through the ECM and PL connections and noticed the PL had been cocked to one side from what appeared to be several issues .... wire tension, USB cable, acceleration, vibration over a 2 year period.

I re-positioned the PL and wiring to relieve as much strain on the PL as possible but still had the problem occur again, It does not happen every time I have had some clean runs but I am very cautious with testing.

The connection (connector) to the ECM may be what I inspect next. I have worked with these type of connectors for low voltage before and found that it does not take much to loose connection on 1 pin! The strain on the PL and ECM connector may have weakened a connection .........?

Thanks for taking a look a the log. It is good to have similar information to work with on this problem!

When this happened the first time, I went through the ECM and PL connections and noticed the PL had been cocked to one side from what appeared to be several issues .... wire tension, USB cable, acceleration, vibration over a 2 year period.

I re-positioned the PL and wiring to relieve as much strain on the PL as possible but still had the problem occur again, It does not happen every time I have had some clean runs but I am very cautious with testing.

The connection (connector) to the ECM may be what I inspect next. I have worked with these type of connectors for low voltage before and found that it does not take much to loose connection on 1 pin! The strain on the PL and ECM connector may have weakened a connection .........?
Maybe you'll get lucky and find this. Mine has done it with two different ecm's two different PL's. All of which the ECM has laid in the floor on the passenger side in numerous positions while troubleshooting. With pressure, mostly without pressure, etc

Check your ALT for ac voltage leakage , that will make a ecm go beyond crazy , I changed mine after getting weird pl readings . This is caused from diode leaking in the rectifier , I have not had any crazy running problems after changing the alt . Just another swaq

Autolite # 144

RemoveBeforeFlight
Yea I just ordered some YR5 NGK plugs. #144 crossed to the same plug. Eric suggested UR5 but I kind of wanted to stick to a non projected plug. Should have them here today but I doubt I'll get to put them in. Besides its raining and I won't get to drive the car

I know a tr6 fixed this on a few cars. If that didn't work for you I know the xfi worked on mine. But like I said i did the tr6 and xfi at the same time.

Xfi isn't a "fix". Its a substitute. That's like fixing a blown HG with a new aluminum S2 engine. I'm not going to do that. Again, my car, nor myself is ready for that leap. Let alone my checkbook

The cars that the TR6 fixed: did it fix a common sputter / miss at WOT commonly associated with bad ignition parts on these cars? That's not the issue here. The logs show this is not a traditional weak coil / module issue. Not saying they can't create interference which may be causing my issue, but its not just traditional weak ignition symptoms.

Xfi isn't a "fix". Its a substitute. That's like fixing a blown HG with a new aluminum S2 engine. I'm not going to do that. Again, my car, nor myself is ready for that leap. Let alone my checkbook

The cars that the TR6 fixed: did it fix a common sputter / miss at WOT commonly associated with bad ignition parts on these cars? That's not the issue here. The logs show this is not a traditional weak coil / module issue. Not saying they can't create interference which may be causing my issue, but its not just traditional weak ignition symptoms.
Lots of people myself included have no plans for XFI. These cars run great with stock engine management. I just want the powerlogger to work on the stock stuff. Not everyone has these issues.

Does it do the same with other chips?
My TT 6.1 chip will be here tomorrow. The TT5.6 chip is the only one I have that will work with this combo injectors / non-E85. I have used the emissions chip with the PL when I took it through inspection, but obviously no WOT so that point is moot. List of things to try in order : new resistor type plugs, new chip, Eric's previous version PL board. Then I'll move onto alt, ignition module / coil, etc

Here's my list:
5 chips 4 Bobs, 1 Erics
3 ECMs
Battery cables
new ground circuit from ecm to battery
new power feed circuit from battery to ecm
new fuseable links
Tr6
investigated all pins at module/ecm
new ignition switch
new alternator
new injectors