Powerlogger and operating systems

MNwe4

Posted this on fullthrottletech but haven't received any replies. I'm in the market for a smartphone and am also about due for a new computer. Has there been any mention of the PL software being adapted to work with some of the newer operating systems such as Android, iOS, or Windows 8? If there is some potential that the PL could eventually be run on a phone or tablet that would seriously influence my decision on which device to purchase.

I have it on my Windows 8 laptop. Installation was the same as Windows 7's installation.

Look in the sticky "powerlogger and windows 7"...last post. The PL will operate just fine on win8...can't speak for the tablets/smartphones and such...but I'm currently running it on my windows 8 laptop. HTH... ---Keith

Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know it continues to work on the PC side of things. Since the new design of Win8 is supposed to be more oriented toward tablets and phones I wonder if it will end up working on those as well. I'm not really in the market for a tablet or a huge smart phone, but if the PL could operate on those it would certainly change my mind.

works on my galaxy S3 everything you need can be added through gmail

Yes, please explain. I'm about to purchase an Android phone in the next week or two and this would heavily sway my decision on phone and screen size.

Got my attention too. If i can get this to log on something small enough to go in the glove box or center counsel, that is a win!!!

Joe

yes it does bob... open your mind. there is a app for that lol windows xp for android iso then strip files out takes 4-5 hrs to get it all setup then your good to go . . .. making a youtube video for you guys as we speak should be up in a day or so. Going to try flipping it over to my wifes htc phone as well will less files it should load up way faster. yes it would be awesome to have a more powerful phone to make it all easier but they are coming soon.

I was unaware of the ability to run Windoze in a VM in Android. So thats pretty cool.

Does it run the USB port and connect to the PL?

Bob