Power touring GN Build Thread

I had a dream last night that I had finished the car and everything was running perfectly. I couldn't believe how it all came together I was thinking, this is too good to be true! Then I remembered I forgot to put any oil in the engine and I started hearing clunking sounds. I then woke up, thankful it was just a dream.

I hate those kind of dreams!

I had to put longer studs on the Baer hub. I choose arp 3" studs
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399001794.545322.jpg

Here's the rim mounted. My buddy owns a tire shop and he said these rivals barely needed weights and they were very round. I plan on painting the centers of these rims black...
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399001871.281778.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the wheel turned at 98%... 100% hits the sway bar. 98 does not... Here's a pic at 98

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399001994.962225.jpg

Here is full lock on the drivers side. My guess is I have something off in the steering linkage. No contact on 275/35/18s :)

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399003377.908767.jpg

Are you going without center caps?
I swapped out the Huge Baer dust caps for the stock caps - no more center cap clearance issues.. Still need to swap the studs.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for the post. You're right the stock style centercaps will have to be run to use centercaps. I've been thinking about making some custom caps though so I haven't decided yet.

FYI I'm painting them all black with dip then cutting around the center section. After that I peel off te outside wheel paint. Here is a wheel entirely "dipped"
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399139497.222181.jpg

I called Baer and the sent them sorry. I did have to deviate from the metric thread size.

Looks good with the Black center. When you have them powder coated go with gloss.

Here I am cutting around the section is like to keep. I barely drag the blade to avoid scratching the rim.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399245502.602060.jpg

Then I slowly peal away

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399245588.089786.jpg

Last I remove the outter section here is a vid of me removing it.

Sent from my iPhone