Power touring GN Build Thread

I had an old transmission cooler laying around so I decided to install it as a powersteering cooler tonight. I used the spot the round vapor can mounts to under the inner fender to hold the cooler in place. Then I drilled a 3/4" hole in the inner fender to route a line from the steering box low pressure(return) side. I'm not sure how well this location will work, but it's better than nothing I suppose..

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 304
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    796.6 KB · Views: 292
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    850.2 KB · Views: 298
hello; I don't think what you did is really needed but it's done and good luck with it. But those alum. bumper supports are new or just refurbished? They look new.
have fun
IBBY

Bishir, DO NOT waste your time and money on that finned cooler. I changed my plate and fin cooler over to that same cooler last year before Power Tour and am lucky I didn't burn my tranny up!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It was... but using that cooler in tandem will just be spending money on something not adding benefit.

James - i would either use a grommet or add a piece of slightly bigger hose to surround the hose going to the cooler - just for piece of mind…. looks good though

aaron

Bishir, did you say you had to use a spacer between the alt fan and pulley to keep the alignment?

The car is back together but I've been unable to n post updates since I primarily use the smartphone app and it seems broken. The pump primed and the car started first crank. Ill.post pics whenever I buy a new computer or the app is fixed.

I just moved to Indiana (from Florida) and it's been quite a busy few months. The car is back together and recently won its class at a relatively large show in the area. Here is a poster I had made:

grand national.jpeg

James, why did you move back to Indiana again? Did you have the bumpers smoothed or are they fiberglass.

Mostly family reasons and a desire to leave the oppressive heat of Florida. They're fiberglass, but I do have a set of smoothed steel bumpers I just need repainted.
grand national.jpg