Power logger question

Turbo6Smackdown

I couldnt find anything like this on fullthrottle.com so here goes.
After I install the logger, what do I have to use. One or the other? Can I have both the scanmaster and the laptop plugged in at the same time?

What is required for my laptop to start 'logging'... A certain tps voltage for a minimum amount of time, or what.

When it does log, does it stay there forever? Or clear itself when it wants.

I couldnt find anything like this on fullthrottle.com so here goes.
After I install the logger, what do I have to use. One or the other? Can I have both the scanmaster and the laptop plugged in at the same time?

What is required for my laptop to start 'logging'... A certain tps voltage for a minimum amount of time, or what.

When it does log, does it stay there forever? Or clear itself when it wants.

You have the updated chip for your scanmaster that allows it to be plugged into the powerlogger, right?

Yes, scanmaster and laptop can run at the same time

logging can be initiated in one of several ways. Manually with the space bar, or you can set a tps threshold, or a knock threshold, etc.

Once you start it logging, you stop it logging with the space bar. And then you save the file for later viewing.

You have the updated chip for your scanmaster that allows it to be plugged into the powerlogger, right?

Yes, scanmaster and laptop can run at the same time

logging can be initiated in one of several ways. Manually with the space bar, or you can set a tps threshold, or a knock threshold, etc.

Once you start it logging, you stop it logging with the space bar. And then you save the file for later viewing.

What chip do you have to run for the scanmaster feature?

Mike

What chip do you have to run for the scanmaster feature?

Mike

I'm not sure what you're asking. When getting the Powerlogger, you can get the optional 2.2 upgrade chip for the Scanmaster that allows SM to read directly from PL.

My scanmaster is the 2.1 & I am running a TT alky chip and LC-1 wb. When I get the powerlogger, what else do I need to tie the two together?

ok, sorry for hijacking. I just wanted to make sure I got what I need to start tuning. Thanks.

yup, ordered mine today from fullthrottle. sale price is $249.99 for the powerlogger which includes the updated scanmaster chip at no additional cost.

The Scanmaster upgrade chip is easy to do.

I've got my finger on the trigger for the power logger, but. I'm running a stock MAF and don't even have an EGT yet. Should I worry about those first? Or does it make sense to get the Power logger now. (Power logger seems cheaper than egts i've seen also.)

The EGT sensor (K-type thermocouple) is a little pricey, depending upon where you buy it. They range from $30 to $100 plus $35 for the adapter for the PL. You will be able to log EGT and playback and data share with others!

I noticed!
I'm going to start off with a wideband o2 and 3bar map. Do I need adapters for those?
Also, after I record something in PL how do I view it?

No adapters needed but the O2 will use it's own system for taking the signal to a 5v signal the PL can read. When you save a file it goes into the Powerlogger folder. I put my folder on the desktop.

Where do you guys mount the i/o thingy. I just tucked it under the carpet for now since i will still be adding stuff.