Powdercoated intake ????

ghall

I know we have some guys here that have alot of knowledge of powdercoating, so i think this should be an easy question.
I am assembling my recently powdercoated intake, getting ready to put injectors back in and was wondering if they will seal fine with the podercoating or do i need to tediously grind it out of there to seal?
Here is a pic.
Thanks for the advice:)

injectorpowdercoat_zpsa6b2fa30.jpg

not sure who did the powdercoating but they sell plastic plugs to avoid that kind of stuff ... did they at least plug the bolt holes for the sensors , thermostat , fuel rail and plenum?

Before I tried to guess if the powdercoating needs to come off, I'd see if an injector with Oring will even fit in the hole. That test might tell you the answer right away.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Some of the bolt holes were covered, some weren't---i have used taps to clean up everything that needed cleaning up.
I am absolutely sure the o-rings will fit---it is only like .005" thick.

I am concerned the smooth surface won't seal

If it's smooth it'll seal. The pictrues make it look like it's hammerite finish though.

Have the intake sonic cleaned before you do anyting else to it. One of the guys here did a beautiful powder coat on his intake and it didn't get cleaned up properly. there was some sand in the EGR passeges and it toasted his brand new engine.:eek:

That's a hammer tone / vein finish. It's a little rougher then it looks. And yes they should have used silicone plugs to keep the powder out..... Me personally I would smooth it out or remove it from the injector bungs.

Well. i decided to assemble it w/o removing the powdercoat. I wish i would of read rmar's reply before that, but o'well.
Everything went back together great and we will see what happens. I'll make sure to update the thread when the car is running.
intakebacktogether_zps1601366b.jpg

intakecomplete_zps6d90b827.jpg

That particular material cures a two different rates, that's what creates the rough texture look.
The good part is the bungs create a Faraday area where the powder will not be very thick.
Just check for leaks and a little luck you will not have any problems.