poston 212-206 cam vs sealpower 204-214

Andre Ellis

I never here about anyone using the poston cam.I have both cams in the box and undecided which cam is better 212-206@.050
at 110 lobe sep. or SP 204-214@.050 at 112 lobe sep. The combo I'm using is te61,ported stock heads,KM DP,3200 converter,stock
TB,EP front mount IC,50# inj,ATR 7th injector,STD TRW pistons
RJC power plate. I would greatly appreciate any info on a simular
combo. YOU CAN ALSO E-MAIL ME at( blown69ta@yahoo.com)

Well ive never run that particular postons grind, but i do run a 204/214 sealed power cam right now and love it. Pulls like a freight train and the car seems to run really well on low boost and street timing as well. There have been a lot of threads on which is better, more intake or exhaust duration and I am not sure which one is better on our motors, but myself and many other cars are running really well with the 204/214. I don't think either cam is going to hurt you, that is a very good combo in my opinion and either should benifit the 61 and the heads. good luck and post results because im still really considering a 61:cool:

Thanks for that info,evry one I talk to is using the 204-214 and say the exact thing about low end response with that cam.The object is to run low boost and make good HP @ about 5500rmp
max. The poston cam is said to pull to 6200rpm,I think thats to
high for ARP main studs and no after market main caps.I have a
friend that runs 11.29@ 120mph on the setup as mine with an
never opened stock block,24 stock location MEASE IC,PT61,50#
3"MEASE DP w/dump,3600 stall 350 trans and pulls 1.52 60ft,
@26#s of boost.It make you wonder if you should just build a
stong bottom end and just put the stock cam back in.

hes not as fast as you think

back when I first used the 204/214 cam with very mild port work I was running over 120 mph in the 1/4 at 22-23# boost on a little ta-49 turbo

theres a guy that claims to be first on here to use the 204/214 cam but I sure couldnt find anyone on here that had used one back when I started using them ... they are getting popular nowadays since I went deep in the 10's with a mild motor

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
hes not as fast as you think

back when I first used the 204/214 cam with very mild port work I was running over 120 mph in the 1/4 at 22-23# boost on a little ta-49 turbo

theres a guy that claims to be first on here to use the 204/214 cam but I sure couldnt find anyone on here that had used one back when I started using them ... they are getting popular nowadays since I went deep in the 10's with a mild motor

Red is the man that convinced me to get a 204/214 after reading of his results with a little 49. Andre good luck on your cam choice, this cam makes power to 6 grand or higher depending on the supporting mods, but our internals really don't care for much over that though. I recently raised my shift point from 5700 or so to around 5900 and ran 114.5 on 17 psi and my 20* street chip. I didn't get any other runs in that night as it decided to rain, but i was pretty happy.

just my experience

Eastern Performance :rolleyes: sold a Schneider (sp?) Stage 3 or 4 cam that was something like 204/214. Anybody familiar with that one?

I had it and could not tell any difference over stock in its idle - did everything else at the same time so not fair to compare power. Can't say it did not run very good. After it wiped, I went to the 224/224 it too also started to wipe the #3e and the car was not different except the idle sounded a bit lumpy - very nice actually, could even hear the cam while backing out of it driving down the road (loud exhaust) - There were ZERO drivability problems but it did not seem to make much difference over the other cam.