Possible turbo upgrade.

MENTL231

70 gtq to a 76bb or journal.

On my set up. What are your thoughts? The 70gtq spools with little to no lag right now. I'm wondering how much more power would i gain upgrading and dealing with a little bit of lag.

Assuming you have a 3 bolt setup. You will not gain any power by upgrading - none that you will see. Except for if you go with a ball bearing 70GTQ, then you'll gain some "area under the curve" with faster spool up.

The 76 seems a bit to big for a 3.8 motor for the street in my opinion , you will get more lag and loose a bit on the bottom end torque over the 70.

Interesting. So Whats The Biggest I Can Go With My Set Up? Or Should I Stay With What I Got.

Billet 71 in a 4 bolt housing and look out. Supra owners are killing the roads with this turbo.

Interesting. So Whats The Biggest I Can Go With My Set Up? Or Should I Stay With What I Got.

It's unlikely you are even comming close to maximizing the 70 GTQ. Guys have gone low 9's with them. Are u looken to go faster then that? On a 109 I can't see it lasting very long.

It's unlikely you are even comming close to maximizing the 70 GTQ. Guys have gone low 9's with them. Are u looken to go faster then that? On a 109 I can't see it lasting very long.

LOW NINES IS BASICALLY MY GOAL WITH MY 109 MOTOR.

LOW NINES IS BASICALLY MY GOAL WITH MY 109 MOTOR.

That turbo will get it done. No need for a 76. I went with the 6765 DBB 4 bolt. It's rated at 900 hp although I doubt anyone will make anywhere near that much but ya never know. Now I just need to get it on the car:rolleyes:. A little better then ur 70 GTQ but will spool a lot faster. That's always an option but for the money ud spend I don't see the need. Then again, I didnt need anything bigger either:rolleyes: from what I had.