Possible paint

QWICK6-MA

I was just looking for some feedback and opinions. I recently traded cars and ended up with a really nice "T". But just to make it my own, I was toying with the idea of changing it to a two tone. It is silver now and was thing on going black on top. I will try to attach pics of my car and one that I would like mine to look like. The big decision is, do I remove the landau roof or do I just keep it the way it is? From what I have been told, the roof was dealer installed and was not factory (not on the RPO sticker). Does the roof make the car more rare or do I just remove it and go forward and paint it. Also, if anybody can tell me who owns the car in the picture and may have more pictures, that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 87%20gn%201.JPG
    87%20gn%201.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 399
DO IT! screw what everyone else thinks:biggrin:

seriously, its your car, enjoy it and make it your own. i was thinkin bout doin the oposite paint on my 87 gn

buickbert

Thanks guys,

Does anyone know who's car that is? I would like to get more info.

Thanks,
Peter

Heath Elmer built the car but I have no clue who currently owns it. I still have the GM High Tech Performance magazine that the black/silver car was featured in :)

RobG,

Thanks.
Any interest in selling the book? Or if anybody has an extra they would like to sell, I'd be interested.

Personally, I'd keep the landau top. I never see these driving around or at the car shows. I think it's cool to have the sleeper look. Besides, those kinds of cars that look "old" get less unwanted attention if you know what I mean.

RobG,

Thanks.
Any interest in selling the book? Or if anybody has an extra they would like to sell, I'd be interested.

Not for sale but it's the Nov. 2001 issue if you can locate it on ebay or something. It was the cover car. Heath Elmer has a graphics/sign company in Arizona so you can contact him as well.

DJ,

Thank you for the info, this is a great start. f do it, I will be probably keep the GNX style wheels and do a little different style stripe, but in red. I just didn't know if i would be makiing a mistake removing the landau.

Thanks again,

Peter