polling converter opinions

ok guys looks like I am going to have to bite the bullett and go with a different converter brand other than edge due to continued problems,
I am looking for a lock up unit only. In your opinion what is the highest quality,most efficient, and least likley to screw me out of my money. all opinions wlecome i will be buying tommorrow so please dont be shy.

thanks for the help

ok guys looks like I am going to have to bite the bullett and go with a different converter brand other than edge due to continued problems,
I am looking for a lock up unit only. In your opinion what is the highest quality,most efficient, and least likley to screw me out of my money. all opinions wlecome i will be buying tommorrow so please dont be shy.

thanks for the help

What is your combination and what are your performance goals?

.030 over 109 w/ je pistons, billet centers, 206/206 cam, champion irons and intake, 60# motron w/ turbo tweak chip, rjc pulleys, kieth mease dpw/ atr single big shot, smc alky, and te - 45a turbo
goal are optimum stall and spool while still maintaning streetability hope to see high 10's at track solid mid to low elevens on street.

You may want to consider a PTC. (PM Dusty Bradford on this board)
They have a unit that you can lock up to drive for fuel mileage
but is so efficient that you don't need to lock it at the track.

If you have to lock it up at the track regardless of effeciency
I would consider the Vigilante or PTS units.

will not go into lock up. the first one would fit ,this secong one is a very tight fit and like i said will not lock up solinoid is fine not seal leaks anywhere. im just going to eat the 480 somthing i spent and get a good quality unit im tired oof pulling my tranny!!!lol

I vote for PTC. I just ordered mine and about to order a second one.

did your lockup work before with your converter before you got the EDGE unit?
Does the speedo work etc ??

I would consider a PTC NON-locking unit with the billet stator. These things just plain work and work damn well. If you arent driving more than a few thousand miles a year you are better off with the PTC NL converter. It is a much simpler consistent unit and Dusty can spec these things really well. I am done with lockup converters myself for anything but near stock cars. No need for the extra mass with the lockup converters when the efficiency is not consistent when un-locked.