Poll: Which wheels?

Which

• Total voters

nero

The car has the GNx clone going on with two-tone burgandy/black interior. I figured polished lip on gray or polished wheels would be best!

TTIIs, yea they're beat to death but that's 'cause there's a reason for it; THEY'RE HAWT!! I don't see many on TRs with gray spokes in 17s though...

are-cl205_w.jpg

Hopsters come in 2nd! Two piece design makes for easy powder coating in future...

are-550_w.jpg

Lastly, some Boyd Coddingtons... "Widow"

Widow_450.jpg

Hm...the Widows are an interesting take on the 5 spoke design. But the only one I really know would look good on a GN is the TTs.

What's all this hubub about Coddington? Yea, I like, in order, Widows, Hopsters then the TTIIs... if the center piece of the TTIIs were colour matched to the spokes, it'd be better.

I've been waiting to see a GN with the anthracite TT's. I think that is what I want to go with. I like the color breakup rather than the black wheels on a black car. The black TT's still look cool, I just think that gray would look better.

I've been waiting to see a GN with the anthracite TT's. I think that is what I want to go with. I like the color breakup rather than the black wheels on a black car. The black TT's still look cool, I just think that gray would look better.

We must be drinking the same cup of tea! I see too many black/polished lip combo wheels out there (muscle and imports), so I figure I may shake it up a bit. Besides all that, the black/polished lip wheel looks GREAT on a gray TR... the inverse should be equally eye pleasing! :D

I'm leaning towards those the more I think of it. The polished/chrome look is out there A LOT on black cars... we'll see, the wheels are the last (icing-on-the-cake) part of my suspension overhaul.

Thanks for all input... those that put "other" post a link or pic of what you're thinking about! :D :cool:

Will these settings work (it's all they had at summit) with no rubbing?

17x8
4.75 bolt pattern
4.5 backspacing

17x9.5
4.75 bolt pattern
4.5 backspacing

Nahhh, staying away from black rim/polished lip wheels--been done on many cars, plus, to me, they look a lot better on light cars.

Can anyone confirm those wheel specs above? Summit didn't offer them with a 4.75" backspacing...

Nahhh, staying away from black rim/polished lip wheels--been done on many cars, plus, to me, they look a lot better on light cars.

Can anyone confirm those wheel specs above? Summit didn't offer them with a 4.75" backspacing...

Yes, the specs above will work. A 4.50" BS will make the wheels sit out a little closer to the fender lip and make it look fuller. A 4.75 BS will work just as well.

On GNs, I still like the black w/ polished lip. I think it looks the best in my opinion. Chrome wheels don't do it for me unless they're weld wheels, if you're trying to capture a race look. Certain wheels in chrome just look really cheap and degrade the look of the car. The wheels I'll be putting on my GN are hyper-black, so it's more of an anodized gun metal color. Hopefully the color will work on the GN since I haven't seen them done before.

Good point... I have GNx flares so if 4.5 makes them sit out a little more, it's fine. Would I need longer studs or any frame/fender mods (I'm not trying to do those)?

Good point... I have GNx flares so if 4.5 makes them sit out a little more, it's fine. Would I need longer studs or any frame/fender mods (I'm not trying to do those)?

If you have GNx flares, then definitely go with 4.5" BS. That will also give you a little bit more lip on the wheels. You will not need to make any additonal mods. Just bolt them on and you should be good to go.

Have you went to americanracing.com? If you go to the gallery and click on vintage cars, go to page 9 and they have a 70-73 red trans am with the classic torq thrust II's with the gray center. They might be bigger than 17's but they look awesome on that car. I haven't come across any g-bodies with that wheel. I really like the anthracid color on the torq thrust type M but I like the more lip you will get on the torq thrust II. Post pictures whenever you get new rims.

Have you looked at Coy's wheels? Coy's Custom Wheel & Tire They have a similar version of the TTIIs, for a very reasonable price. The lips look deeper and more agressive since they don't have the step American Racing wheels have. They have the correct sizes, BS, and bolt patterns for the GN.

Will definitely post pics and look at american's site! Thanks for that... am checking Coy's as we speak!!! Truly appreciate all the tips and opinions!