Police Shoot Man 81 Times...

What a bounch of idiots! Complete morons! You send ur dog and then drop multible rounds at suspect and now dog. That handler should be shot

What a bounch of idiots! Complete morons! You send ur dog and then drop multible rounds at suspect and now dog. That handler should be shot

That's what I was kinda thinking :confused: If your going to let the dog loose, let the dog do his job and keep the bullets in the gun. Was almost like sending a cop in to disarm the guys flip flop and as soon as the cop went in open fire on everything! Sad part is that guys family is going to be very rich after that law suit! :eek:

The dog was the real victom in all of that. Deandre was a turd and made his own bed. Giving his family any money for him being dumb and pretending that he had a gun is what is wrong in the world today.

They obviously thought he had a gun or they would not have shot him so a K-9 would never even be sent under those conditions. When the deadly threat is known the dog is NEVER sent to try to disarm the suspect. Never under those conditions. Shame on him.

That handler should be banned from ever having a K-9 again and severly disciplined. He would be in my dept. That is a fact.

his GF, kids, and neighbors had to see this. His house was on fire after they fired.

Poor dog. That looked like a big a$$ spider on the umbrella prior to the shooting.

If complied he wouldn't have been shot. Pretty easy.

But...

If complied he wouldn't have been shot. Pretty easy.

he had a "bad childhood", his mom smoked crack, his dad is an unknown, his siblings got all the attention.....The bull$hit excuses will come by the dozens once the family sues...:rolleyes:

More scum off the streets,,they really dropped the ball...i thought i seen his leg move like he was gonna grab for his ""gun"" again..stupid crack head

This guy said -"You haven't seen a gun" or something to that effect.
"If you let the dog go i gonna shot em"
is it OK to ASSume that the guys of camera whir already pointing their guns at "this guy"??

"This guy" is hiding hands in an awkward position VS a bunch of "professionals" with guns already pointing at him" who's bullet will get to the target first?

Looking at this from a totally deferent angle- Could this be called murder?

Facts
1-the guy said "If you let the dog go i gonna shot em" But he hasn't made a motion towards anyone YET
2-NO ONE HAS SEEN A GUN.
So you let the dog go and FORCE movent, reaction from "this guy" which now clears your way to shooting him??
(I ASSume the official statement will look like this - Shooter - i was pointing my gun at him because he said he had a gun, then all of a sudden the guy jerks up and i hear gun shoots so i then returned fire. Each one blaming it on each other in a nice way since its nearly impossible to prove who shot first.)
Kinda like yelling in some ones face trying to force a defensive action that can be easily interpreted as an attack to justify an arrest or worst.

Don't get me wrong the guy was an idiot for saying he was going to shoot the dog.
options - Wait the guy out???? and/or just wait till he moves and then take a clean justified shot?? and spare that poor dog.
BTW If you know that the dog charging at you will bite you, you will move be it defensive or not you will move.

G*d d*mmit. Why didn't you just listen to them? You know they (cops) are looking for an excuse to shoot. The sad part about it young bruh...your life will be considered less worth than the dog they accidently shot. Shame on you for allowing your family to witness your death for such a foolish thing called pride. You certainly did not deserve to die but you asked for whatever was coming to you and you got it to the fullest.

They should have bean bagged him and let the dogs munch on him instead. It would have been a lot more painful than the shots that hit him.

The bad guy forced the Police to react that way. With that said, there are some Management issues still there.

This was like 8/9 yrs, ago, why keep digging up ghost. Domestic abuse on his pregnant girlfriend.

At the time he was being sought for questioning from an alleged domestic abuse incident after his girlfriend called 911.[1][2] After initially evading the police, Brunston was cornered in a nearby doorway where he and the officers tried to negotiate.[1] He repeatedly told the officers he was wanted for murder (which was false), would rather die right there than go back to prison, and that he was armed and would shoot a police dog and the deputies if the dog was released or they fired first.[1] However he had no gun but had a flip-flop sandal in his right hand hidden under his T-shirt. Brunston repeatedly stated that he would throw the "gun" down and surrender if he were allowed to speak to his girlfriend who he said was pregnant with his child,[1] but his request was never granted. The dog was released and Bruston threw down the sandal.[1]

Deputies discharged 81 shots, killing both Brunston and the dog.[1][3] The dog was airlifted from the scene, Bruston was killed instantly. No gun was found on or near Brunson.[1] The incident was captured on video and posted on numerous websites. The videotape was used in the lawsuit to support that the police had acted in haste.[2]

[edit] AftermathSee also: Human rights in the United States#Police_brutality
Deandre Brunston's aunt, Keisha Brunston, brought a wrongful death lawsuit against the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in response to the killing.[4] They alleged the deputies could have easily prevented the death, were poorly trained in these situations and were 'trigger-happy'.[1] Charges against the deputies were dropped and the suit focused on the supervisors and training.[1] The judge ruled that suit could still charge against the animal's handler and supervisors including civil rights violations, false arrest and "negligent hiring, training and supervision."[5] An order to release the police dog was allegedly given over a phone from an off-duty supervisor, who had been drinking.[1] The family's attorney noted that the officers present seemed to act in haste as a crisis team with a trained negotiator was on route to the scene and would have determined whether the young man was bluffing.[1] The family later settled with the county for $340,000 in March 2006.[6] Brunston's mother, Brenda Gaines, was awarded $122,500 with his three children also receiving sums.[7] The county also was ordered to pay $105,000 in legal fees.[6] Several deputies were also given two-to-five day suspensions for shooting when not designated as on-site shooters.[1]

Deandre Brunston has become a symbol against police brutality.[8][9][10] Keisha Brunston spoke at a War and Racism Forum in 2005 in Los Angeles.[11] His picture was held in a march in Atlanta, GA in 2007 for the U.S. Social Forum.[12] Brunston's family also spoke at a 2008 vigil for a Pakistani who was killed by the LAPD.[13]

teril.m said it best.

But I wouldn't hesitate to make sure me or my men were the one's going home that night.
22 out of 81, I would have scheduled them all for some range time.....