please help!

i do not get no spark at all =(.. when piston 1 is at TDC,the balancer marks in 0,the we follwed the gntype.org on how to set and adjust the cam sensor. we hand moved the balancer at 25',and tried to adjust the cam sensor with a volt meter. . We simply cannot turn the car on.. we do not get NO spark at all.. any help =(

Are you sure you are not 180* off? Finger in spark plug hole will never let ya down. But I do not believe that, by itself, would lead to a no spark condition.

Definitely check that crank sensor - as mentioned.

Do you hear the fuel pump prime for a couple seconds when you got to key-on condition? SES light will let ya know if the computer is even powered up - check that first.

Lots of very good "no start" threads - many reference a good procedure to follow - check out that gnttype tech site linked to above - I'm sure you will get it figured out.

thanks.. well tonight i rewired the main negative cable to the block,and it solved one problem!..(thanks to blackbandit,nick,and cotton). it didnt help start the car up, it only cranks.. however i did find the balancer harmonic ring is rubbing against the crank sensor magnetic walls.. in other words it having contact and scraping the plastic wall on the sensor it self.. ?? crank sensor failure? thanks for everyone helping me solve the problems, one by one!

Is that SES light on with key-on / engine-off? If that puter is not powered up and working nothing makes a difference.

Key on engine off the ses light should be on. This is normal. I think the crank sensor has a black plug. I would check to see if the ring is passing through the gap on the sensor and then maybe back probe the sense line with a multimeter and slowly rotate the engine and look for the pulse.

:cool:

Check for reference voltage on the crank sensor and then back probe the sense line and rotate the engine by hand and look to see if a signal is going out. Or just replace it. Pretty cheap and if it's not the problem you can keep it in the trunk for when it is.

:cool:

Check for reference voltage on the crank sensor and then back probe the sense line and rotate the engine by hand and look to see if a signal is going out. Or just replace it. Pretty cheap and if it's not the problem you can keep it in the trunk for when it is.

how do i set in the multimeter to check for signal? thanks!!!

to black bandit and other members,GNttype.org, many thanks!! for the input and technical advices, the car turns on!!!

one of the wires that goes to the crank sensor was pinched along the two steel fuel lines.. fix it, and wah lah! the car crank right up!

this site is awesome, i must say, better than the average mechanic out there! these motors are very unique!:biggrin:

now i just need the torque specs for pre load for the cam! lol

thanks!

Congrats man!! Sorry I missed you last post. FWIW you can just set the dmm to DC voltage and look for it to transition from low to high or vice-versa.

What camshaft pre-load are you talking about?

When you pulled the motor the last time did you change the mains/rod bearings? because if the oil looked milky it means you have antifreeze in the oil which will eat up the bearings.

no we did not change the main bearing or rod bearings, because after we had a two blow head gaskets we immediately drop the oil and pulled the motor out. We check for metal material with a magnet,and did not pick up any, clean it thoroughly and did not see no wear/tear with the bearings.. Im guessing what happen the oil cooler had oil contamination from the previous blown head gasket and mix in with the new oil.. we by pass the oil cooler earlier this morning,but we first had to remove the timing chain cover and pull out the plastic tensioner that we had replaced back in with the new roller double chain( a NO NO).. tomorrow morning we will add new oil,and see the results.