please help on scan tool

510TURBO

ALKYHOLIC
my car is not stock and has alky 50/50. which one is best for me scanmaster (which model) or powerlogger.

The Scanmaster 2.1 is the at the moment dash mounted readout. A Powerlogger is more useful as a recorder to review after the run. I wouk start with the scanmaster first. Just my opinion. HTH

IMOP powerlogger first. . next would be a lc-1 with a TT WB chip and then a scanmaster

Boost231

my car is not really a track car. just trying to keep her running right. so you still would recommend the powerlogger first?:confused:

If your car is 100% street driven and in a good state of tune then Scanmaster would be the tool of choice. It's great for day to day use and keeping an eye on things, and is there in case a problem crops up.

If your car sees occasional track time and you're pushing it pretty hard, then a "data logger" like powerlogger should be on your radar screen in the near future. It gives you the added capability to log data to further enhance tuning, or troubleshooting.

If your car is 100% street driven and in a good state of tune then Scanmaster would be the tool of choice. It's great for day to day use and keeping an eye on things, and is there in case a problem crops up.

If your car sees occasional track time and you're pushing it pretty hard, then a "data logger" like powerlogger should be on your radar screen in the near future. It gives you the added capability to log data to further enhance tuning, or troubleshooting.

+1, i agree with dave on this one. if your car is lacking tune, and you like to get on the throttle, or take it to the track, i would go with the powerlogger. once the car has a good tune and its safe a scanmaster works great to keep and eye on things.

Finally installed the ScanMaster

I finally installed the ScanMaster in my all stock GN and would like anyone can help with these number I received from the ScanMaster is this normal or not?

parked and idle
Air Flow -----------05
L8 engine load -----37
Volts---------------13.8
INT----------------128
BL-----------------150
MPH---------------00
CLT----------------185
ATS---------------103
R------------------725-750
TPS----------------42
IAC----------------08
CC-----------------23-255 increment counts

I didn't want to damage or ruin the originally of my GN, and here is a picture of what I did.

Attachments

• ScanMaster installed.jpg
    ScanMaster installed.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the quick response, but I do have another question for you. OK I can adjust the IAC, and then readjust the TPS to the correct setting. But how do you readjust the BLM to read below my original setting?

your high blm is due to the ecm adding fuel to keep the mixture where it needs to be. what is the fuel pressure set at?
what kind of regulator is on it?
what pump is in it?
is it hotwired?
what chip is in the car?
what injectors?

small details like listed above and other will help us board member give you ideas about what to do and not have to ask alot of questions. some of these things you should put in your signature. let us know what is done to the car so we dont have to ask.

The engine is totally stock, including the stock non-adjustment fuel regulator. The injectors are original, the chip is original and the fuel pump I did replaced as the original. I hope this information help you.

ok to correct the problem first get the IAC settings where it should be (i like 22-23) then you set the tps back to where it needs to be and then check the IAC again etc. once these are in check see what happens to the blm. then you can start with and adjustable fuel pressure regualtor and adjustes it to get the values better. but before we get to involved with the mods what are you looking to get out of the car?

hope this helps. other will chime in im sure

I do appreciate you help, I will make those adjustment, but now I have to get and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I will let you know the outcome after I install the adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Thanks again for you help

im not saying the regualtor will get it right where it needs to be but at least we can tweak it some. things i would do is regualtor, new injectors and a chip. that will be good even for a stock car as parts are getting old and dirty. a new chip and injectors will make the car fell better and get better milage. it all depends on what you want out of the car. the blms like that wont hurt anything if you never plan on doing anything with the car.

im not saying the regualtor will get it right where it needs to be but at least we can tweak it some. things i would do is regualtor, new injectors and a chip. that will be good even for a stock car as parts are getting old and dirty. a new chip and injectors will make the car fell better and get better milage. it all depends on what you want out of the car. the blms like that wont hurt anything if you never plan on doing anything with the car.
Hi again, OK I readjusted the IAC and here are the results:

parked and idle old settings: new setting:
Air Flow -----------05-------------05
L8 engine load -----37-------------35
Volts---------------13.8-----------13.5
INT----------------128------------139
BL-----------------150------------150
MPH---------------00-------------00
CLT----------------185-----------190
ATS---------------103------------75
R------------------725-750-------725-750
TPS----------------42------------42
IAC----------------08------------23
CC-----------------23-255 increment----- counts the same
I had to readjust the TBS since I did readjusted the IAC.
I want your opinion, I think I might have to replace the TBS since after I made the adjustment of .42, and IAC is 23, but WOT reading is only 4.16, and if I remove the TV cable the WOT reading 4.42. Any ideas? Thanks

GNONYX, In the future, please start a new thread if have your own topic. We don't want to highjack other peoples threads. You will also get a much better response with your own. ;)