Plans for the up comming race seasons

Originally posted by tazgn
But the more I think about it, the street legal tires aspect sounds cool for a category. That will test the driver, the car, and the setup to try and keep traction AND get down the track. Not as exciting as an 8 sec. pass, but more competitive.

Derrick
I agree:D

I stand corrected on the EZ street class. But stock turbo or larger the turbo 6's should be in the no power adder class True Street. Our cars are as close to a factory as you can get. But yet the few individuals that complain that we do not belong in that class seems to better connected. As for the other classes they are the real draw. So I do not believe we have a chance of getting a fair shot.

Some of you guys have great ideas! Maybe you should all have a meeting and get it writing and have someone drop it off to Paul G. It wouldn't hurt to try.... If you all feel any size turbo is still no power adder let him know, I don't have any problem with it, As far as some people having influence with Paul G. (I hope i wasn't being targeted because I take no one's side..I try to be as neutral as possible, Like I said those were my Opinions only, I am not trying to have any of my proposals implemented. They are just suggestions that I have heard from many people to give you guys some ideas) the man is going to do whatever he wants to do, and that's just how it is. BTW i personally never complain about who is in my class...i just say "Bring it on!":eek:

Hey Dean, you could clean up in True Street! In fact, you're the only Buick that's a real contender in EZ Street or High Tech. Although I think Paul is getting ready to make his move. ;) When are you going to make another appearance? I'm looking forward to seeing you smoke some Mustangs!:D

I was not talking about you 007, but after going to the meetings and talking to Paul G. I get the impression that we the 6 cyclinder guy's are taken lightly. At some of the races we had just as many cars entered as the other classes, but he allways say we need more. The turn out already sucks, by pushing us into the faster classes its just going to keep more of us out.

As for the other classes they are the real draw. So I do not believe we have a chance

I agree with you D. But as far as the rest of it goes, the last race, and the next race, it'll will all be filled with shi-bai. Thats why it's called "Paul Gas" What needs to be set is how the race promoter reserves the class. Like in our case the class was created, but then not reserved. Worse was nobody said anything till after we got in the gates. They should have told us before, maybe a week or so that our class wouldn't be. That way we wouldn't have to pack up the old "fo real true street, never been trailered, maybe been towed, but never had the luxury of sitting on a trailer, drive um every day, wash car mo then i take a bath, a/c chillin, stereo slamin" :eek: car with slicks, 118, fill the bottles and head down to the tracks. Would have been better to be spectating the lanes, instead of in the spectator lane. ;)

Thank you! At least I wasn't the target! I agree with you "D" the FSC racing is not quite as fun as it used to be....(you don't see me rushing to finish my car!) But I believe that probrably everyone is just going to have to settle for a "Happy Medium" somewhere, cause as they say "You can't please everyone!" But I really hope that you GN guys can make some headway so you can fix some of your issues & concerns so you all can enjoy the evenings of future FSC Shootouts....That's how it should be for Everyone!:D

Originally posted by Hawaiian Turbo
I would hate to see someone loose control and hit the wall because of street tires.

Yup I tried with my 235's and tell you its scary, you won't know whats going to happen next.

Boy you guys gotta check out the Forums Hawaii link in the above post! It sure is getting a little heated in there about this same subject! Drink a beer, R E L A X ! ! ! ! Is my suggestion....But then again nobody listens to me anyways....except for the Tesoro Gang....But they already drink too much!!!!:p :D :eek: :cool:

Originally posted by 007
Boy you guys gotta check out the Forums Hawaii link in the above post! It sure is getting a little heated in there about this same subject! Drink a beer, R E L A X ! ! ! ! Is my suggestion....But then again nobody listens to me anyways....except for the Tesoro Gang....But they already drink too much!!!!:p :D :eek: :cool:
are you camarodude? i'm t-type on the fh.com forums. heh, to think it started about trailers :confused: like i posted there...trailers shouldnt mean that the car isnt streetable. its only because i understand that now. but still...i dont understand the FSC books.

At Tesoro, we run a lot of alcohol.:D Eh 007, how's the '68 project? I like buy'em back. Wow, that car is black too. Too many black cars at my house.;)

Yup Mr. T-Type a.k.a. TurtleTR, I'm also "camarodude" such a lame screen name...but my original s/n on speedhawaii is 007 (not to be confused with "ScreenName007" who is someone else) but my password thingy got all messed up...i still can't figure out why...I just trippin out how a trailer question got so big! But it's bringing out some good ideas...as long as people remain COURTEOUS to one another. Sorry "J" about the 68, but If I were to sell the thing I would let you know...I'm just too far into it already $$$$. Stupid yeah! So how's your "Cuz" next door? Is she smiling like always?*LOL*. Sh*t that remark could get me killed!! "D" I think that you have a do-able idea, the only hitch would be the Liability involved with us cruzin on a public highway together and if something were to happen, who would be liable? I know the track wouldn't want to be...We would probrably have to sign waivers before we head down to the track...Would be an awesome sight to see on the road though! :eek:

Sure IS getting hot in that board!! Drink alot???? HHMM.... all I can say is "learn from the best":D (007)
THey were right about Paul G. He said we could have our class but there weren't 8 carsthat night, so I didn't pursue the issue. Although it seemed to me he already made up his mind. THere wasn't even a 6 cylinder class on the program the night of the race, but there was one on the week before flyer.

Where this thing about the Buick and Mustang guys complaining?? I can speak for myself, and yes, I WAS complaining. A small turbo 6 against a big block with NOS?? I don't think so.

A small turbo 6 against a big block with NOS?? I don't think so. [/B][/QUOTE]

Awww come on Paul! You once told me "It's not the size that matters.....But the Motion of the Ocean!"

BTW when you started your drinking career i was still in Diapers!:eek:

007, I pulled my last reply since it might sound like a complaint. Everyone has their own opinions. But I do remember when this FSC thing started the competition was awasome and that to me was what drew the crowds. I think thats what us GN guys want. TO BE COMPETITIVE. The field was in the 10's and everyone wanted to be the first into the 9's. Then the controvesy started and everything went down hill and contiunes on. If I remember right no car could run bigger then a 10.5 slick. I don't believe there was or will be enough cars with larger slicks (back half ) to make a 8 car field. But that would be great for the fans if it was possible. The trailer thing has always been the same. I think the idea of our own class is not the answer. There must be other ways.

Turbo D, do you know what exactly the controversy was? I gather that this must have resulted in some kind of rule change.