Plans for the up comming race seasons

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Any input will be appreaciated. We need to make something fair and competitve race for us and the other Domestics cars out there for the up comming races like the Pro Import and the Fastest Street Car Shoot-out. Some say our turbo's are a power adder and some say not another thing our cars run on six cylinders and others one eight. On the Nov 9th race we dumped $200 bucks in Paul's pocket for nothing, was'nt even fair for us and maybe the others.

Greg (GNZERO) had some great ideas any others?

My inputs would be.........

1) NO trailers PERIOD! You can't even trailer it home!
2) 11.99 or 12.00 class if you go faster get kicked or bump to another class (GNZERO)
3) Our bigger Turbo's is "NOT" consider a power adder
4) Need current saftey check, insurance and registration
5) Maybe do a few non-stop laps around HRP's

How do you control guys with trailored cars that drop off their car off at kapolei and such? maybe have hired staff patrolling?

I like that lap idea. I heard they do that on the mainland. do about 10 laps(for those guys with radiators smaller than our intercoolers), then can't lift the hood, they can only put on their slicks, and into the staging lanes.

Originally posted by Turtle TR
How do you control guys with trailored cars that drop off their car off at kapolei and such? maybe have hired staff patrolling?

I guess they have to be in bold for the rules on the races! If they not going to follow the rules they should not be racing. Or someone will have to tell one of the officals. Maybe one of the HRP's staff keep a eye on the enterance.

oh, here's a thought...since HRP is laced with speed traps. the would have to maintaine mph doing the laps so that there would be no slow pokes.

well here is my opinion....I'm not saying anything to get flamed or make trouble. in response to turbo V-6's first post:
1) As far as no trailers being the rule of the FSC race, The rule actually is "No trailers or tow trucks on the premises" Meaning you CAN trailer down but you just can't bring it in. In fact a bunch of us are lobbying to let trailers in since we all know people are going to use them anyway. Plus it is easy for someome who lives in Kapolei to say "just drive it down" vs. someone who lives in Waiminalo. Plus, I do not feel like killing a set of $400 valve springs just to prove to a select group of people that my car can make it to the track from home (also i hate changing tires and sh*t at the track). BTW, some your GN gang are looking for trailers too.

2) As far as making people step up to another class might make them unhappy, especially if they are way behind as far as ET. I would suggest getting more turbos involved to keep the class your own.

3) As far as a turbo not being a power adder, I feel that if you go to a huge turbo that should be considered a power adder. But if you keep the stock turbo and add nitrous, that to me would be considered 1 power adder NOT multiple. Meaning if you keep the STOCK turbo & whatever other parts you want in there, I would say that that would be NO power adder because the car came with it from the factory.

4)Current Safety check, insurance, registration - i agree!

5) As far as laps are concerned i would agree to a few. But some people have suggested laps with slalom style turns, I wouldn't agree to that...after all this a is a drag race.

I do not own a GN, but I do know several people on this site & I am just offering my opinion. The FSC is already dying and we have to keep it going and fun. The race was fun, but then too many rules and too many gripes are killing it. I feel we should go back to the 2 class system (power adder & non, with the quickest 8 in each to go heads up, everybody else goes to a bracket) and if you guys can get enough people, a Turbo/high tech class. I am planning to come out someday to run again but I want to have fun, not people bitching about me or protesting me. We need the faster cars to come back out & making rules that will make it hard for them will not help. the spectators come to see those cars most of all & that is why the stands are empty cause the quicker cars aren't there(1 or 2 don't count, i'm talking about a full quick 8 show of 10,9, or 8 second cars). And for those of you who don't consider my car (Not my race car)"a Street Car", just wait, you'll see it at cruise nights, I'll drive ANYTHING on the street...just ask Hawaiian Turbo! I'm probrably going to catch hell from this post but...oh well!

I agree with 007 for the most part EXCEPT the trailer part. If you have to trailer a car to the track it is NOT a "street car" and should be racing in the gold cup series or something. Especially if your worried about ruining valve springs driving it on the street... The idea should be to have cars that are or could be daily drivers come to the track for bragging rights. Not race cars with headlights and brake lights and an owner who is a certified state inspector and can slap a sticker on the car and call it a "street car". I was a bit ticked at the first FSC shootout when there were to camaros there with parachutes in order to stop. Lets see those car pass this states damn recon rules!!!! Yes, I LOVED watching them run and seeing 8 sec passes. But damn, one of them couldn't finish the laps around the track becuase it obviously was really a race car.

Let's face it. MOST street cars capable of running in this are 11 and 12 second cars. A very few 10 sec. cars too. But I see NO way a 9 sec. car could LEGALLY pass this damn states recon rules.
I do think the BEST way for this would be to have a 12.00 class and maybe an 11.00 class. Then a faster class for the street car "wanna-be's". :)

Derrick

Originally posted by 007
well here is my opinion....I'm not saying anything to get flamed or make trouble. [/QUOTE

No flames here :eek: Opinion's are welcome

Originally posted by 007
Plus it is easy for someome who lives in Kapolei to say "just drive it down" vs. someone who lives in Waiminalo. Plus, I do not feel like killing a set of $400 valve springs just to prove to a select group of people that my car can make it to the track from home [/QUOTE

But then it would'nt be a "street" car. The announcer at the HRP's durring the race quoted "these are everyday driven street cars". Hmm?

What are the rules currently in use now? I don't have a streetcar to race but spectated at the last FSCS. I did see some cars pull into Kapolei to unload and at the end of the race a bunch of trailers came into the gates. IMHO if the cars have to be driven in, then they have to be driven out the same way. I don't think you can have a rule that says you have to drive from home. That would be very difficult if not impossible to enforce. Also, if you lived in Kapolei, you would an advantage over someone living in Kahuku. So if you want to go to the trouble of unloading somewhere outside HRP, then you should load up the same way. Thats the price to pay for bending the rules.
Do you have to follow NHRA rules too? If so, then the drivers going 9's & up need to have a NHRA license and the car needs all the required safety equipment. What about a recon permit? Don't you need a recon to get a safety check?
I think if everyone just follows the rules there would be less griping and if you don't like the rules, get a petition going to change them. There is power in numbers so if the TR guys can agree on some fair/ positive ideas and we sign a petition, I'm sure Paul will really listen. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. I was looking for a trailer but its not for a streetcar.

Hows about a " Outlaw Street " class for the rule benders and a "Legal Street" class for the real street cars. 10.00 max for "Legal street 1" and 11.00 max for "Legal street 2" and 12.00 max for "Legal street 3". But if the recon law disallows a rollbar wirh the side bars then I guess 12.00 would be "Legal Street 1" and 11.99 and up would fall into the outlaw class. How's that sound?:confused:

oooh boy, look what i started!!!! Okay, like I said this stuff was just my OPINION! And I respect all of yours also. basically what I was trying to get at was to make the race fun again...I was one the original FSC guys back when Doug, Henry, Goody, Reid, Earl,Etc. used to come out. I don't mean to put Paul & Denny on the spot, but they can vouch for me how fun these early races were. In fact we had a couple of big cookouts after with people's winnings and all the FSC gang was there as 1 big group partying. That is what I want to see come back, if you all could have been there you would understand. Racing to me is not about the money or trying to prove anything to anybody. If Paul G. made the rules the way you guys want it, I would conform or I could just sit it out. Either way I wouldn't be upset because I can always come out on a street night & "burn Rubber". I'm in it for the fun and that's the ONLY reason.. But the rules now do allow for trailers, just not in the track. In fact if you read the NMCA or NSCA rulebook nowhere do they disallow trailers. As far as my valvesprings, that was just sarcastic example (sorry!) I could bring my car down under it's own power. But you guys have to realize that if you make the rules too strict, No one will come out (the big dollar cars) and without them & the spectators Paul G. will just cut this series out. I realize some of you have a hard time accepting what is a "real" streetcar, but let's face it most of the cars that were there at the race could not pass recon or get a safety check "by the book". In fact one of you was right about "no 9 second car" could be legal, Due to the rollcage requirement. Also you do have to conform to the NHRA rules. My car has the required stuff to run 9's & I do have my NHRA license. But it also will have reg, safety, & Insurance when I do come out. Also Most of the cars are not driven daily! Even the car Les brought in & Turbo "D" wouldn't qualify as a daily driven street car under your rules criteria, so as you can see too strict is not always good. As far as petitioning Paul G, I wouldn't cause he's already not pleased with the lack of GN/high tech participation, so if you guys are going to go that route you better make sure you guys have enough cars to support your class guaranteed first. Basically, I just want to have fun & i'm sure you all do too!:D

Originally posted by 007
oooh boy, look what i started!!!! Okay, like I said this stuff was just my OPINION! And I respect all of yours also.

Don't worry its all cool. I raced many races and "don't" race for the money its all FUN! But if you was in our shoes the past FSC then you would feel the same. I understand not many Buick's do show up only a few then we can't say much we have many turbo Buick's out there in Hawaii but not many is motivated to race.

Old School has a good concept, however that would turn the FSC into basically "streetcar index racing". I feel the following might work:

Class 1 (Outlaw) anything goes, if it has doors & mufflers let it rip!

Class 2 (Power adder) must have 10.5 slicks or 13 inch DOT street tires max, current Reg, Safety, Insurance, Mufflers, any power adders, full interior, stock style suspension (bolt on traction devices allowed) Top 8 qualifiers run heads up, the rest form a bracket.

Class 3 (no power adder) all of the above (Class 2) but no nitrous, supercharger, turbos. UNLESS it came out from the factory equipped as such and the factory power adder cannot be modified, but the rest of the motor can.

Class 4 (high tech) you guys can provide input for this one cause you guys know more about it than me

jus my 2 cents

Here is my suggestion for FSCS
a true street car should be well balanced...
sure 1/4mile blasts are wonderful...but what about the rest...is it only good for going straight?

i like the judging of carcraft's criterias
maybe take an average of 3 runs down the 1/4mile
an average of 3 runs down a slalom coarse
0-100-0 average
and presentation of vehicle
and definitely a cruise down dillingham...none of this 1 inch exhaust off the ground

sure its all day event...but you not be the best in any class...but if you place well in all classes....dont you think you would have one of the fastest street car? after all a street isnt always straight

oh yah...1/4mile pass...dot only approved tires...you think they allow slicks on the road? drag radials ok...

I'd like to see a class that would able Bill (NO MERCY) run his corvette on the track. as most of us know, his car isnt NHRA approved and that he'd some additions to his car to do that. I'd like to see him run at HRP before he leave for the mainland.

You guys are right, due to this state and recon no car in the 11's can legally go down the track (roll bar). So what to do? It's WELL known it's not hard to get a sticker at certain places. So where do you draw the line at street legal??? No slicks???? That's a good one. I PERSONALLY don't agree with it, but maybe that could be the GREAT EQUALIZER. Because, true, slicks are not for a 'street car'. What I want is nothing more than bragging rights type racing kind of like stop light to stoplight racing (but legal this way). There should DEFINITELY be a required 'around the track' for so many laps to prove it can run for more than 10 seconds at a time. Paul G. said he got rid of that because fans got bored during that time, but I think it's a necessary evil. Maybe make a car show at the same time for the guys who didn't make the quick 8 categories for the fans to go check out the cars during that time. I am ALL for the outlaw class too though. Let's face it, I'm there to see 7 & 8 sec. cars too. And the wife and kids are bored big time with a bunch of 14 second cars out there (and especially comical to see the 16 second imports trying to compete). But the more I think about it, the street legal tires aspect sounds cool for a category. That will test the driver, the car, and the setup to try and keep traction AND get down the track. Not as exciting as an 8 sec. pass, but more competitive.

Derrick

This is why the FSC is not fun anymore to much controvesy. With our limited size compared to the mainland, I do not think creating so many classes would not be the right decision. I do think that we ( turbo V6's ) should be put with what was called the EZ street class, V8's no power adder. Because a NA BBC could easily get into the 10's. Didn't a Camaro win that class with a 11.0? I think all of the V6 cars that race in the FSC and Pro Import are have the factory orignal engines in them. How many others can say that? As for trailers, drive in and drive out, load up out side.

They already have the following classes at the Fastest Streetcar Shootout:

Outlaw - 2 power adders
EZ Street - 1 power adder
True Street - No power adder, small block

No one enters Outlaw and only a few of us can make the cut for EZ Street. None of the guys that show up to race have stock turbos so allowing stock turbos in True Street is a moot point. Although, if this were the case I might put the stock unit back on my car.:D All the classes are designed for street legal RACE cars and the lesser modified cars are intended to run brackets. Unfortunately, I and many of us Buick guys have STREET cars and are thus non-competitive in the heads up classes. This is also the case at the Pro Import race and I guess that's just how it is...

Wassup 007!

:confused: How is the series run on the mainland??? It's hard to try and create a even field. Maybe we can look at this a little differently. On any weekend, there is a very competitive field in the 12.0 and slower section. And then again in the 11.99 and faster section. Take a look at the cars in those fields. Maybe we can better define the classes by defining the cars? It's indexing, but we need to start somewhere. We know that the "Roll bar or no roll bar" thing has a lot to do with this "indexing".:p
We all know it sucks the way it's been set up. And because of that, a lot of guys don't like to run. It would be easier for me to just give my money to the Tesoro Guys...I'm good at that.:p